Very Strange Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Strange Season

Did you know that in 1989 Bret Saberhagen went 23-6 with 12 Complete Games and Won the Cy Young but DIDN'T make the all star team? Crazy! The really crazy thing is that the same thing happened to him in 1985! He was a two time Cy Young winner, but didn't make the All-star team either year!
    Last edited by ucffans; 08-07-2017, 08:35 PM.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

What were his W-L records, and ERA's, at the time the ALL STAR teams were made? Also, did "other" pitchers in his league have better W-L records and/or better ERA's, or did another pitcher,or two,or... make the ALL STAR team as their teams ONLY representative? OR did he just decide not to go (some players have done this)? OR physical issues and/or personal issues at the time of the ALL STAR game(s)? There always seems to be some questions why someone didn't make the A S Team every year. I wonder why Mark Reynolds didn't make it this year, as he was in the top five of his league in RBI's at ALL STAR break.

Have a good day.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
    X