Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orioles Trade Manny Machado To Dodgers

Dodgers acquire Manny Machado from Orioles for five prospects

The Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday traded All-Star shortstop Manny Machado to the Los Angeles Dodgers for a package of five prospects.

The players Baltimore received in the deal are outfielder Yusniel Diaz, right-hander Dean Kremer, third baseman Rylan Bannon, right-handed reliever Zach Pop and third baseman Breyvic Valera.

The deal hit a snag earlier Wednesday, according to multiple reports, with the Orioles having some issues regarding the physical of one of the prospects Los Angeles had agreed to send.

According to Fancred, the issue was not related to Diaz, the centerpiece of the deal.

Machado, 26, is off to the best start of his career offensively, tallying several career-high figures for the season's first half, including home runs (23), RBIs (64), OBP (.384) and OPS (.950).

In his first year as a full-time shortstop in the majors, Machado was voted as the starter for the American League in this year's All-Star Game.

A Platinum Glove Award winner and three-time All-Star at third base, Machado moved back to his original position this season. He is expected to be introduced by the Dodgers in Milwaukee on Friday before they open a series against the Brewers.

As for the prospects, Diaz, a 21-year-old Double-A outfielder, hit two home runs in Sunday's All-Star Futures Game, becoming just the second player in the game's history to homer twice. Alfonso Soriano is the only other player to hit two home runs in the Futures Game, doing so in 1999, the first year the game was played. On the season, Diaz is hitting .314 with a .905 OPS and has tallied 6 home runs, 30 RBIs and 36 runs scored.

Kremer, 22, is 6-3 with a 3.03 ERA and 125 strikeouts in 86 innings this season for Double-A Tulsa.

Bannon, a third baseman for the Class A Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, is hitting .296 with 20 home runs and 61 RBIs.

Pop has spent time in Class A and Double-A this season, compiling a 1.04 ERA over 43 1/3 innings while striking out 47 and allowing just a .168 opponents' batting average.

Valera, 26, is batting .284 with six home runs this season. He was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk after the deal was completed, while the rest of the prospects were assigned to Double-A Bowie.

A first-round pick in 2010 (third overall), Machado is slated to become a free agent after the 2018 season.

Machado was limited to 82 games in 2014, but he has played at least 156 games in each of the past three seasons. He has hit at least 30 home runs and 30 doubles in each of those three seasons, making him one of just three players -- and the only one in the AL -- to reach both of those marks every season since 2015.

Sorry to hear that Machado has "flown" to another "nest'. However, at least the "new" nest for him isn't in the A L East. Hopefully the "new flock" of "Birds", that the "O's" got for him , will have a great impacton the team.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
    X