Top 10 biggest jerks in MLB according to Rant Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 biggest jerks in MLB according to Rant Sports

Here an interesting list of who RantSports.com thinks are the biggest jerks on the field as well as off the field.

25. Yasiel Puig
    24. John Lackey
    23. Prince Fielder
    22. Manny Ramirez
    21. Kirk Gibson
    20. Josh Beckett
    19. Brandon Phillips
    18. Kevin Youkilis
    17. Shane Victorino
    16. Nyjer Morgan
    15. Jonathan Papelbon
    14. Brett Meyers
    13. Brian McCann
    12. Brian Wilson
    11. Carlos Zambrano (I thought he would be top 3)

Top Ten
    10. Kyle Farsworth
    9. Fernando Rodney
    8. Grant Balfour
    7. Delmon Young
    6. Carlos Gomez
    5. AJ Pierzynski
    4. Bryce Harper
    3. Ozzie Guillen
    2. Ryan Braun
    1. Alex Rodriguez
    Last edited by ucffans; 05-06-2014, 07:23 AM.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

List the full 25. LOL!

No surprise at #1. I thought AJ would be higher. Didnt know Bryce was that bad. LOL!

Comment

Full top 25 are now listed!
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I would agree with the list but with one exception; if we're talking on the field and off as well, then Brandon Phillips should be excluded. Hard to say for a die-hard Cardinals! He may be a jerk on the diamond but I hear nothing but good things he does with the fans. If you follow him on twitter, a lot of times he will tweet where he's at if fans want to meet, say hello or get an autograph.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
          I would agree with the list but with one exception; if we're talking on the field and off as well, then Brandon Phillips should be excluded. Hard to say for a die-hard Cardinals! He may be a jerk on the diamond but I hear nothing but good things he does with the fans. If you follow him on twitter, a lot of times he will tweet where he's at if fans want to meet, say hello or get an autograph.
          I totally agree. I have heard of him doing many great things for fans - especially kids. His name shocked me on the list, but on the field I guess he can be tough to deal with.

I was also surprised with Shane Victorino and Bryce Harper being as high on the list as he was.

I would have put Zambrano in the top 3.

Comment

interesting list
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Funny 6 current/ex Red Sox players made the list. LOL!

Comment

Lots of closers on this list which kind of makes sense - the whole intimidating thing.

A Few Current/Former Yankees on this list too.

Comment

I would have thought Fielder was nicer..
                  U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                  Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                  Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Originally posted by ocanseco55 View Post
                    I would have thought Fielder was nicer..
                    In the article, they point out that he is very spiteful to his father. He doesn't credit his success as a ball player to his father, but more about how he made it as a MLB allstar in SPITE of his father.

Again, this is just one person/site's opinion. For the most part, I think they are pretty much on target.

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
                      In the article, they point out that he is very spiteful to his father. He doesn't credit his success as a ball player to his father, but more about how he made it as a MLB allstar in SPITE of his father.

Again, this is just one person/site's opinion. For the most part, I think they are pretty much on target.
                      To add to that, I read that his mother raised him alone and that he never saw his father and considered him a deadbeat. The same article states that they were able to make amends and have a strained but amicable relationship. Prince Fielder is just a prick. A lot of these athletes let the money and hype go to their head. Joe Kelly is a prick. Prior to his callup, I won a signed ball from him from a Twitter contest. After waiting 2 months for a ball that he said was in the mail, then his "clubbie" had it, then finally he "blocks" me. I have a few autographed balls already, and if it wasn't for Shelby Miller's signature on them as well, they would have been trashed a long time ago.

Comment

Most of the Orioles are pretty nice when it comes to getting signatures. I would say both JJ Hardy & Matt Wieters are the toughest ones on the team, but their not really jerks about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X