Albert Pujols For Ryan Howard Trade Discussed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Pujols For Ryan Howard Trade Discussed

This time of the season, rumors are always leaked and stories picked up. Here is an interesting scenario of a trade that was recently brought up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4994845

Would never happen, the Phillies would need to add much more in

Comment

LOL what an unequal trade. But Pujols getting traded isn't exactly a farfetched idea, it's not like he'll get top dollar in St. Louis.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

After what they paid Holliday, Pujols can demand $30 million a season when he is a free agent. If the Cardinals think that is too much to pay him, Howard is a cheaper option.

Comment

haha...I'm going to assume alchohol was involved

Just kidding but seriously? Like the Cardinals would ever trade Pujols

Mozeliak would get run out of St. Louis unless Pujols absolutely said that he hated the city and wasn't coming back (which he never will because he loves the city and has many community ties there)

Sorry to the Phillies and Yankees of the world, Pujols is a lifer in a Cardinal uniform
          sigpic

Comment

If he demands 30 Mill a year (which he won't) then yeah maybe we trade him
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
              If he demands 30 Mill a year (which he won't) then yeah maybe we trade him
              His agent will get him 30-35 million a year, EASILY, he can say its not about all he wants, everyone does, but at the end of the day, they get paid, Pujols is no different, he'll get the richest contract in MLB history

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                His agent will get him 30-35 million a year, EASILY, he can say its not about all he wants, everyone does, but at the end of the day, they get paid, Pujols is no different, he'll get the richest contract in MLB history
                nope, his agent isn't Scott Boras.

He will get 28 mill imo

He wants to win and he knows that if he takes out 35 million a year, room for improvement is very small
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                  nope, his agent isn't Scott Boras.

He will get 28 mill imo

He wants to win and he knows that if he takes out 35 million a year, room for improvement is very small
                  Every agent in the world's job is to get there client the most money possible. because the more there client gets, the more they get.

I'm not going to beat a deadhorse, but he's getting more money on average than Arod, who got 30 or 27 a year.

Every player wants to stay in one place, but if he makes it to free agency, and lets say some team offers him 35 million versus the Cardinals 27 million, why not take the extra 8 million per season to a better team?

The point is all athletes are liers, they all want the most money they can get.

Comment

well yeah if the difference is 8 million then he's going to go play for someone else

but if the Yankees or somebody else offers him 35 and the Cardinals offer him 31, expect him to stay with the Cardinals
                    sigpic

Comment

He's not going to NY, i'm convinced A) They dont have THAT much money to fool with & B) Teixiera is already there and is a gold glove first basemen, if he were to leave the Cardinals, i'd expect Boston to offer the most for him.

Comment

This even being mentioned is a strong indication that the Cardinals won't be able/willing to pay Albert when he's a FA after 2011.....

They'd be nuts to only get Howard for him, though. Howard isn't anywhere near the type of player Pujols is.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                        Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

What I dont get is if they were worrying about money why pay Holliday? Especially considering they were bidding against themselves, if they offered 9 million a season they still get him, no one would've gone that high, its already been said.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                            What I dont get is if they were worrying about money why pay Holliday? Especially considering they were bidding against themselves, if they offered 9 million a season they still get him, no one would've gone that high, its already been said.
                            No clue....but I'm pretty sure everyone said when that deal happened that the Cardinals were crazy for paying that kind of money...

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                            Johnson/Mears/
                            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                              No clue....but I'm pretty sure everyone said when that deal happened that the Cardinals were crazy for paying that kind of money...
                              I'm on the record of saying they should've let him walk for 17 million. I think Baltimore was the second highest offering 8 million or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X