Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels Sign Anthony Rendon To 7 Years $245 Million

Anthony Rendon agrees to 7-year, $245M deal with Angels

Third baseman Anthony Rendon has agreed to a seven-year, $245 million contract with the Los Angeles Angels. The deal includes a full no-trade clause and doesn't contain an opt-out clause.

Angels' third basemen ranked last in RBIs and OPS last season and were 25th in on-base percentage. Rendon ranked first in RBIs, sixth in OPS and fourth in on-base percentage.

Rendon was widely considered the top offensive free agent after he had a career season with the Washington Nationals in which he emerged as a candidate for the NL's Most Valuable Player.

He led the majors with a career-best 126 RBIs last season and was named to his first All-Star Game. Rendon also had career highs in batting average (.319), slugging percentage (.598) and home runs (34). His success at the plate carried into the postseason, in which he hit .328 with three home runs and 15 RBIs in 17 games, coming up with several timely hits to help Washington clinch the first World Series title in franchise history in his hometown of Houston.

He played 2019 with the Nationals on a one-year, $18.8 million deal. The Washington Post reported in September that the Nationals offered Rendon a seven-year deal worth $210 million to $215 million earlier that month, but the offer failed to keep him from exploring his value on the free-agent market.

The sixth overall pick in the 2011 draft by the Nationals, Rendon reached the majors in 2013 and emerged as a potential All-Star in 2014. He finished fifth in NL MVP voting that season after hitting .287 with 83 RBIs, 21 homers, 17 stolen bases and 111 runs. His momentum slowed in 2015 after he missed the first 53 games of the season due to a sprained MCL. Since that year, he has improved his batting average and slugging percentage in four straight seasons.

Considered one of the best defensive third basemen, Rendon has played in at least 136 games five times in his career, including 146 last season. He missed 14 games in April due to a left elbow contusion and also missed the All-Star Game, opting to rehab minor injuries to his left quad and hamstring.

Sorry to see that he is no longer a "NAT". MLB is STILL paying players way too much money. It's ridiculous for a MLB player to get $35 million per season. Many athletes in other professional sports are also over paid. When will it stop ? Our military who protect us, and our educators who teach us,police and firefighters also, are more important and yet, in comparison, get very little for what they do.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
    X