Topps Series 1, 2, or Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topps Series 1, 2, or Update?

Generally speaking, what are the "rules of thumb" with these Topps releases?

I understand the Update Series usually have more rookie cards and I recently read that Series 1 are usually geared more towards set building and less toward hits. I also read that (it was implied, actually) Series 1 are the most widely released of the 3 Series, ie Topps prints and ships more Series 1 cards than any other Series.

Is any of the above true? Are there any other rules of thumb that I may be missing or that any of you know about?

There would be no reason to print more Topps S1 than S2. Both are needed to complete the set. Topps distributes the stars between the two series. Odds of finding hits are even in both Series 1 and 2. Topps S1 and 2 aren't necessarily geared toward set building alone; its more an affordable, low end product that's affordable to build and has a decent amount of hits. Out of 2014 Series 1, I pulled a Miggy Cabrera Auto /10 and a Sandoval Clear Stock /10 from the same hobby box, so the good hits are there. Heritage is more of a set builder with a lot less hits. Series 3 has a lot of RC's, traded players and All-Star cards.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
      X