Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did he/she just say?

Thought this would be cool. This idea was inspired by Skip Bayless

He suggested that Pujols was older than 30 because he's latino and you "never really know".

I don't know about you guys, but I hate this guy...I'm sure there are some good ones out there, so share!
    sigpic

Well what he said is a legit concern, theres constantly lies about age because players are afraid if they give there real age, scouts wont take them and they'll never support there families, look at Miguel Tejada.

Comment

Skip is just a stereotypical person... But i understand that and don't really watch him anymore.
      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
        Well what he said is a legit concern, theres constantly lies about age because players are afraid if they give there real age, scouts wont take them and they'll never support there families, look at Miguel Tejada.
        It is not a legit concern

it's a stereotype and the only reason Tejada is in trouble is because it could count as purgery for the steroid thing
        sigpic

Comment

Actually, it's a very legit concern. There's been NUMEROUS Latin/Dominican born MLB players that have lied about their age...

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

so then I guess every latino player in the Majors is lying about there age.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
              so then I guess every latino player in the Majors is lying about there age.
              Who said that?

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

legitiment point like they said. any guy could be lying about there age. in terms we really just might not know about a guy.
                Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                  Who said that?
                  No one, but it's the stereotype apparently
                  sigpic

Comment

How is it a stereotype when its true? Of course not everyone does it but alot, thats not a stereotype its just the truth.

Comment

When more than a handful of latin born players lie about their age to get into MLB, then it's no longer a stereotype. It's a continued trend.

Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

How is it a stereotype when its true? Of course not everyone does it but alot, thats not a stereotype its just the truth.
                        Do you know what a stereotype is? How do you know it's the truth?

Your saying that it's a fact and every single Latin player lied about their age... I dont think Visquel lied about his age, and he's latino.

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                        When more than a handful of latin born players lie about their age to get into MLB, then it's no longer a stereotype. It's a continued trend.
                        Well it's still a stereotype.

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
                          Do you know what a stereotype is? How do you know it's the truth?

Your saying that it's a fact and every single Latin player lied about their age... I dont think Visquel lied about his age, and he's latino.

Well it's still a stereotype.
                          Of course I know what it is, and no i directly said 'obviously not every player does it'

However its not a stereotype when there are alot that do it, and myself nor Jeremy said everyone is doing it, but can you really blame those who have done it? living in poor areas most likely and having one chance to make a life for there families, they're just trying to help there families, but it obviously goes on

Comment

Of course I know what it is, and no i directly said 'obviously not every player does it'

However its not a stereotype when there are alot that do it, and myself nor Jeremy said everyone is doing it, but can you really blame those who have done it? living in poor areas most likely and having one chance to make a life for there families, they're just trying to help there families, but it obviously goes on
                            What? You just said it again... A stereotype is when you prejudge everyone that is the same either race, gender, class, etc.

It's a stereotype because NOT everyone lies about it. A lot of mexicans drive a pick up trunk.... That is a stereotype still. Not all mexicans drive pick-up trucks.

There is no proof that Pujols lied, Bayless is just stereotyping him because a lot of other Latin players did it before him.

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
                              What? You just said it again... A stereotype is when you prejudge everyone that is the same either race, gender, class, etc.

It's a stereotype because NOT everyone lies about it. A lot of mexicans drive a pick up trunk.... That is a stereotype still. Not all mexicans drive pick-up trucks.

There is no proof that Pujols lied, Bayless is just stereotyping him because a lot of other Latin players did it before him.
                              I'm not saying everyone is doing it though, theres your problem.

Of course theres no proof, but it is a legit concern that the Cardinals have and should have if they plan to invest 30 million into someone listed at 32 (when his contract ends, i believe he'll be 32)

Comment

Working...
                              X