Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Baseball HOF TRIVIA - Answers are....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Baseball HOF TRIVIA - Answers are....

Here are the answers to some vintage trivia.

1.) I was known as “The Flying Dutchman” and was a charter member of the Hall of Fame, elected in 1936. Honus Wagner

2.) I was the third baseman for Connie Mack’s famed “$100,000 Infield” of the early 1900s, and I had a very powerful nickname. Frank "Homerun" Baker

3.) I am actually in the Football Hall of Fame. However, in a certain sense, Babe Ruth replaced me as an outfielder when he came to the Yankees in 1920. George Halas
    4.) I am also in the Football Hall of Fame (as a player) and in the Baseball Hall of Fame as an umpire. Cal Hubbard

5.) Yankee backstop Bill Dickey “learned me” how to catch. Yogi Berra

6.) During the latter years of my life, I was known as “Baseball’s Greatest Living Player,” but, in fact, I was not elected to the Hall of Fame during my first few years of eligibility. Joe DiMaggio

7.) I hit the first World Series home run at Yankee Stadium. Casey Stengel

8.) Our first names are Robert, Vernon and Steve, but we were all known as “Lefty.” Lefty Groves, Lefty Gomes, and Lefty Carlton

9.) I was known as “The Mechanical Man” and played second base for some great Tigers teams. Charlie Gehringer

10.) In 1910, New York columnist Franklin P. Adams wrote a famous poem which “immortalized” the three of us. Joe Tinker, Johnny Evers, and Frank Chance
    Last edited by ucffans; 06-19-2014, 05:16 PM.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

#1 is Honus Wagner
    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

#5 Yogi Berra
      #6 Joe DiMaggio

That is all I know right now,lol

These make you think
      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

All 3 of those are correct thus far!
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Three are correct. Any guesses on the others. I will post answers in a few days.

Comment

Answers have now been posted!

Comment

Working...
            X