Best & Worst Fantasy Baseball Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best & Worst Fantasy Baseball Transactions

With baseball season around the corner, I thought this would be a fun discussion for members who have played fantasy baseball in the past.

What has been your best and worst trades and waiver wire transactions you have done?

I have played Yahoo Fantasy Baseball for about 6 seasons. A few of these stick out.

In the 2007 season, I stupidly waived Brad Penny during spring training because he had close to a 20.00 ERA during that time. He ended the season with 16 wins and a 3.00 ERA. Dumb move on my part. So if you are wondering why I have Ben Sheets on my fantasy team, this is the reason why.

In the 2006 season, I picked up Jered Weaver from the waiver wire when he was added. He pitched a few games before being sent down the the minors. In other leagues, he got waived during this time, and I was able to get him on all my teams. He got called back up a few weeks later and ended the season with 11 wins and a 2.50 ERA.

This is probably the best lop sided trade I ever got to go through. In the 2007 season during spring training, I traded B.J. Ryan for Mark Teixeira. The other team didnt have a closer, but Ryan got injured at the beginning of the season and was out for the whole year.

The dumbest trade I never did that was offered to me was from last season. When Manny Ramirez went down to suspension for 50 games, I picked up Juan Pierre from the waiver wire. Pierre was batting over .340 and had a grip of steals which my team needed. A team offered me Matt Holliday when he was on the A's for Pierre. I stupidly took a day to think about it before he cancelled the trade. Holliday was not having a good season when he was in Oakland, so I was hesistant.

Back in 1997, I drafted a decent minor leaguer in a lifetime league on the Twins named David Ortiz, hit 18 hr that year and thought, what a nice player...then Minnesota toyed with him the next two years and he finally went to Boston...All reports had him behind Giambi on the depth chart, so I waived Ortiz....By the way....thats Jeremy Giambi, NOT Jason....so ya see how that one turned out.
    Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

2007 off waivers, Cliff Lee, nuff said

Comment

I traded Manny for Lincecum straight up the 2nd week of the season last year.....that worked out OK for me.

Also got Adam Wainwright AND Chris Carpenter off of waivers at the beginning of the season last year.

Those stick out as ridiculously great moves I've made.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
        X