Alfonso Soriano Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfonso Soriano Retires

Alfonso Soriano says he is retiring from baseball -- lost 'love and passion to play' - ESPN

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Seven-time All-Star Alfonso Soriano says he is retiring from the major leagues after a season in which he was released by the New York Yankees in July.

"I've lost the love and passion to play the game," Soriano said in a radio interview Tuesday in his native Dominican Republic. "Right now, my family is the most important thing."

Soriano, 38, completed in 2014 the final year of his $136 million, eight-year contract he signed with the Chicago Cubs before the 2007 season.

He ends his career 50th in baseball history with 412 home runs.

"Although I consider myself in great shape, my mind is not focused on baseball," Soriano said.

Soriano was released by the Yankees after playing just 67 games. He was hitting .221 with six home runs and 23 RBIs.

He was a good player for a number of years. If he didn't have just a hr swing he could have been great.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
    X