Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariners Sign Nelson Cruz To 4 Years $57 Million

:Nelson Cruz to the Mariners for 4 years 57 Million
    MLB is now reporting this to be true and awaiting his physical to have a done deal
    Terry
    Old Bear

Sorry to see him leaving the "nest" of the "Birds", he was a good addition to their 2014 line-up.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Nelson Cruz agrees to deal with Seattle Mariners - ESPN

Veteran outfielder Nelson Cruz has agreed to a multiyear deal with the Seattle Mariners, pending a physical, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.

A source told ESPNdeportes.com's Enrique Rojas the two sides agreed on a four-year, $57 million deal that also includes a $1 million signing bonus.

With the Baltimore Orioles last season, the 34-year-old Cruz led the majors with 40 home runs and finished third in the American League with 108 RBIs.

He signed a one-year, $8 million free-agent deal with the Orioles on Feb. 24. He was suspended for 50 games on Aug. 5, 2013, for his involvement with Biogenesis.

Cruz has previously played with the Milwaukee Brewers (eight games in 2005) and Texas Rangers (2006-2013).

The three-time All-Star holds MLB records for home runs (six) and RBIs (13) in a postseason series (2011 ALCS).

The Orioles made a one-year qualifying offer of $15.3 million to Cruz for 2015, which he rejected, ensuring them draft-pick compensation if he signs with another team.

Cruz brings significant thump to a Seattle offense that finished tied for 11th in the American League with 634 runs scored and ranked last among the 15 AL clubs with a .676 OPS in 2014. The Mariners had reportedly been involved in trade discussions for Matt Kemp, Justin Upton and Yoenis Cespedes, among others, in their efforts to acquire a right-handed power bat before settling on Cruz.

The Mariners pursued Cruz in free agency last winter before he signed with Baltimore, according to sources. Robinson Cano, who signed a 10-year, $240 million contract with Seattle a year ago, openly lobbied for the team to sign Cruz during his introductory spring training news conference in Arizona in February.

Cruz marks the Mariners' second major signing of the offseason. Seattle and third baseman Kyle Seager agreed to a seven-year, $100 million deal that includes an option for an eighth year last Monday, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com.

Comment

Working...
      X