Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Sox Sign David Robertson To 4 Years $46 Million

White Sox overpaid.

SAN DIEGO -- The Chicago White Sox pulled off a major shake-up to their pitching staff Monday night, as sources confirmed they acquired former New York Yankees closer David Robertson via free agency.

Robertson agreed to a four-year deal with the White Sox that is worth $46 million, a source confirmed to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick. The club's bullpen was among the worst in baseball last season, plagued by injuries and struggles.

Roberston went 4-5 with 39 saves and a 3.08 ERA after taking over the closer role in New York last year from Mariano Rivera. The 29-year old has a 2.81 ERA over seven seasons. Robertson will take over at closer for a White Sox team that hasn't been set in that spot since Addison Reed was traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks last offseason.

The right-hander was an All-Star in 2011 and won a World Series with New York in 2009. He was paid $5,215,000 million in 2014. The Yankees made a one-year qualifying offer of $15.3 million to Robertson for 2015, ensuring them draft-pick compensation if he signs with another team.

Because the White Sox had among the top 10 initial picks in next year's amateur draft, they lose a second-round selection next June rather than their first-round choice, which is eighth overall. The Yankees receive an extra pick between the first and second rounds.

Maybe the Yankees will take the Phillies closer off their hands!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I think they are hoping that Miller can do the job.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
      X