Baseball looks at ways to speed up the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball looks at ways to speed up the game

Major League Baseball has established a committee to evaluate rule changes, with a goal of improving the pace of games. Various schemes were tested in the Arizona Fall League including:

Twenty seconds between pitches
    Keeping one foot in the batter's box
    No-pitch intentional walks
    Limiting between-inning breaks to two minutes thirty seconds
    Limiting pitching changes to two minutes thirty seconds
    Limiting conference on the mound to three per game
    The schemes that involve a pitch clock are being considered for further evaluation in the minor leagues. As others have acknowledged these changes may decrease run production, while baseball executives perceive fans to want faster games and more runs scored. Why not then explore rule changes that can increase offensive production while speeding up the game?
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

I think no pitch intentional walks is an easy solution. Not sure why they need to actually throw the four balls if they are willing to give the guy first base in the first place.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

MLB will never acknowledge the fact that 6 minute commercial breaks each half inning is the problem.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
        MLB will never acknowledge the fact that 6 minute commercial breaks each half inning is the problem.
        This is my opinion also. I don't mind watching a 3 hour ball game but without all the commercials it'd be alot better. If fans or people don't like the time it takes to play then maybe they shouldn't watch the game. Yes NPIWs would be a good thing seeings how the defense is giving up the base in the first place!
        sigpic
        I trade by BV
        PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Kemp, Pujols, Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton, Votto, Derek Jeter
        Trade & Sell list: http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
        Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/southe...tscards/albums

Comment

Good evening guys. I am new to the whole message board thing, so I apologize if this upsets you. But how would I go about seeking information about a possible error card that may have never been discovered?
          Brou

Comment

Working...
          X