Does Baseball need Salary Cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Baseball need Salary Cap?

my question: Do you think the MLB needs salary cap?

6 out of the 8 possible Playoff teams have a payroll of over $100 million.

It seems like these are the teams that get better during the off-season making it unfair for those with no money to grab some big name players.
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

My team the Pirates are basically MLB major league farmteam. they get good players/prospects only to trade them to the big boys for more prospects.

Bad cycle happening. Not sure why people still go to the ballpark anymore.
    Collecting Steelers and Nonsports Cards

George

Comment

Yes they need a salary cap, but the Yankees have made that impossible, what are you going to start the cap off at?

Comment

It doesn't matter...the Yanks go over every year and then just pay the penalty money
        Collecting Steelers and Nonsports Cards

George

Comment

Raise the luxury tax so they really feel it..

Comment

Absolutely...I think this past Yanks/Sox series summed everything up for me...

I sat there watching CC Sabathia pitch against Victor Martinez. One playing for the Yankees, and one playing for the Sox.

If there was at least a salary cap, all of these good players wouldn't leave their original teams as frequent as they do--and ALWAYS migrate to one of, about, 5 teams.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Absolutely.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
              Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
              Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
              MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
              NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
              NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
              NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
              I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

No a salary cap isn't needed if you're rich enough to buy a team you should also be rich enough to stock it with good players,I'm tired of hearing oh we can't compete with the big market teams,yes you can stop bs'ing your fans and open up your wallets.Ever notice all the teams that whine sell off their good players at profitable rates while making their fans sit through the rebuilding process only to sell off the next batch of good young players to make even more money.It's not the leagues fault it is the stingy owners who are afraid to spend money.

Comment

Steve = wrong

Comment

Working...
                  X