Red Trade Todd Frazier To White Sox In Three Team Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Trade Todd Frazier To White Sox In Three Team Deal

The White Sox get third baseman Todd Frazier from the Cincinnati Reds in a three-team trade

The Chicago White Sox have landed All-Star Todd Frazier from the Cincinnati Reds in a seven-player trade that also involved the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Reds will receive infielders Jose Peraza and Brandon Dixon and outfielder Scott Schebler from the Dodgers. The White Sox send pitcher Frankie Montas, infielder Micah Johnson and outfielder Trayce Thompson to the Dodgers.

The 29-year-old Frazier, who likely pushes new White Sox infielder Brett Lawrie from third base to second, batted .255 with 35 homers and 89 RBIs. He won last summer's All-Star Home Run Derby in Cincinnati and was an NL All-Star in each of the last two seasons.

"Todd is one of the finer all around third basemen in the league. He is a high-character, smart baseball player who will provide an impact bat in the middle of our order," White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said in a statement. "He solidifies us defensively at third base and provides a great presence in our lineup and in the clubhouse."

Frazier has a $7.5 million salary next year and can become a free agent after the 2017 season.

According to MLB.com, Peraza was the Dodgers' fourth-ranked prospect last season, while Schebler was 13th. Montas was the White Sox's third-ranked prospect, while Johnson was fifth and Thompson 14th.

Thompson, brother of Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson, played 44 games in the big leagues last year and batted .295 with five homers and 16 RBIs. He could spell Joc Pederson in center field.

Montas, a 6-foot-2 right-hander, struck out 20 in 15 major league innings last season. A hard thrower, he likely will start the season in the rotation at Triple-A Oklahoma City, but the Dodgers think he could be an impact starter in the majors as soon as 2016.

Reds hosed themselves big time!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

You can put that on the board yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss!

Comment

You can say that again. How many more stupid moves can be this team make?
        sigpic
        I trade by BV
        PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Kemp, Pujols, Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton, Votto, Derek Jeter
        Trade & Sell list: http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
        Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/southe...tscards/albums

Comment

Working...
        X