buying packs vs Ebay singles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying packs vs Ebay singles

Hi guys,I have a question/comment! I remember as a kid buying boxes of cards was so fun. Collecting different players and such,I remember the rush of ripping packs open hoping for a big score. It seems like now the excess cards just get in the way! With free agency how it is and numerous prospect cards on top of the high cost per box It's just easier to buy single cards. Does anyone really player collect anymore? Or set build? Or is that a thing of the past?
    I buy the card not the grade!. My want list gets updated way to frequently to be consistent.

I am always in the market for Cards,Any Alabama player current or former(football only), current or former St Louis Cardinals especially Albert Pujols,Matt Carpenter,Stephen Piscotty and Mark Mcgwire,Grant Hill and other duke blue devil. Also set building 2013 bowman chrome mini in numbered refractors.

there are a lot of team/player collectors out there today as well as a lot of guys that still love to build sets
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

I'm a player/set collector and have no love for prospectors or people who are in it for the money.
      Only trade for PC and wants and tradepage are in the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/

Comment

Yea I hate the prospectors to! Those guys are just as bad as the players that only want money! I don't think I've ever even thought of my collection in a monetary way. But it's all apart of the game now. The hobby itself is finally starting to have the same momentum as the card board boom days,and the prospectors are a big part of it.
        I buy the card not the grade!. My want list gets updated way to frequently to be consistent.

I am always in the market for Cards,Any Alabama player current or former(football only), current or former St Louis Cardinals especially Albert Pujols,Matt Carpenter,Stephen Piscotty and Mark Mcgwire,Grant Hill and other duke blue devil. Also set building 2013 bowman chrome mini in numbered refractors.

Comment

a lot of us just ignore them too. this is a hobby and supposed to be fun not a business
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
          I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

I know right! I've been collecting since childhood and my children are getting close to the age I can finally share the passion with them! I'm hoping that they each will share in my obsession eventually.

Comment

I really don't mind the prospector's they usually trade you everything except the prospects!

Comment

Originally posted by tejadafan1 View Post
                I really don't mind the prospector's they usually trade you everything except the prospects!
                This right here is true. Have picked up some nice PC cards by getting rid of prospect cards, 85% of which end up bombing.

Bill
                Please visit my website

Bill's Discount Card Site

Comment

That is a very true statement! I have a rule I abide by! Never pay over $30 for a unproven player! I've got Todd van Poopels I still can't get rid of!

Comment

Working...
                  X