Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cavs owner: James 'quit' during playoffs (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavs owner: James 'quit' during playoffs (AP)

Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert says LeBron James "quit" during the playoffs and should be accountable for his actions. Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team's website shortly after James announced he plans to sign with Miami, tells The Associated Press late Thursday night that he feels "personally betrayed" by James and that it's "accountability...

More...

Well we all knew this, i'm glad someone on the team said it

Comment

Dan Gilbert is a classless individual...you don't expect someone to resign with you when the best player you put around him is Mo Williams.

Sorry Dan Gilbert, but LeBron is not the reason for your "curse"...that started around 20 years BEFORE LEBRON WAS BORN.

and ranting is clearly the example that you want to set for the children of cleveland.

a classless individual.
      sigpic

Comment

I disagree, I can't help to believe LeBron gave Gilbert his word that he stayed or something like that, I just don't think he'd rant for no reason at all

Comment

I don't think LeBron is that dumb...his thing through out this entire process was giving himself options. a promise to Gilbert would take that away

from what I've heard, Gilbert is a little bit of a hot head and that article wasn't even the first draft..."a PR compromise".
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
            I don't think LeBron is that dumb...his thing through out this entire process was giving himself options. a promise to Gilbert would take that away

from what I've heard, Gilbert is a little bit of a hot head and that article wasn't even the first draft..."a PR compromise".
            LeBron burried the Cavs on National TV, i'd think he is that dumb, just my opinion though

Comment

Yeah I agree that wasn't cool...

but for Dan Gilbert to EXPECT LaBrick to resign with them is pure arrogance.

but at the same time, the way that he went about doing this is bad...and he will never be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan or Kobe even if he wins 10 titles (I bet he wins 3).

both are to blame, but for an owner to go ranting like that is inexcuseable imo.
              sigpic

Comment

You're not reading into what the 'ranting' was actually done for.

It's a business management move. Gilbert put out the letter to get ALL the fans who have a bunch of hatred right now to transfer that hatred into a buzz around the Cavs without LeBron. It's a great business strategy.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Without knowing anything going into it really since I don't follow baseball he sounds to be a spiteful former boss but it may be construed that way by the media..

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                  but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

I agree that if Lebron chose to leave, he shouldnt have made it a spectacle like this. It makes the city of Cleveland look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                      You're not reading into what the 'ranting' was actually done for.

It's a business management move. Gilbert put out the letter to get ALL the fans who have a bunch of hatred right now to transfer that hatred into a buzz around the Cavs without LeBron. It's a great business strategy.
                      It's a horrible buisness strategy...owners don't do that...they don't make guarantees and they don't blame things on other players.

He's just an unclassy hot head that will never win a title.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's a horrible buisness strategy...owners don't do that...they don't make guarantees and they don't blame things on other players.

He's just an unclassy hot head that will never win a title.
                        No, it's a genius business strategy. If you actually would take a step back and understand what I'm saying, you'll see how much sense it makes.

Everyone in Cleveland--what was their focus last night? Hatred of LeBron. Where does LeBron play? NOT CLEVELAND.

By Gilbert throwing out this letter, it takes ALL of that hatred, and instead of people saying "F- you LeBron!", now they're all saying "Hell yea Gilbert!"

The point of the letter was to turn the focus away from hating a player not on the team, to support for the guy in charge of the local team. It's genius.

Sorry you don't wanna agree with me, but it's a genius business decision. He generated so much energy FOR him (and in turn the Cavaliers) in the city of Cleveland because of this letter.

And last time I checked, if you run a business, you want the focus to be on YOUR BUSINESS (the Cavs), not another business (the Heat).

Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I understand what you are saying, but Gilbert could have been more professional about it...had Labron signed with Cleveland, we would have never heard of the quitting during the playoffs thing...

I don't think anybody won in this situation but Pat Riley and Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
                          sigpic

Comment

I understand what you are saying, but Gilbert could have been more professional about it...had Labron signed with Cleveland, we would have never heard of the quitting during the playoffs thing...

I don't think anybody won in this situation but Pat Riley and Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
                            Nah, the Cavs just sold season tickets off that rant, when do you hear an owner guarntee a championship, even though its not happening it creates buzz in the city and people want to see the team, which was vital without having LeBron

Comment

Every Cavs fan in the world knew LeBron quit on our team in the Playoffs. It's not like Gilbert HAD to say it for people to realize he's right. He's just the first big named person who had enough balls to come out and say what we were all thinking.

Johnson/Mears/
                              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                              X