T-Wolves GM David Kahn's Interview on NBATV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Wolves GM David Kahn's Interview on NBATV

Let me preface this post by saying that I did watch the interview live on NBA TV the other night, but I found this video clip over on another blog. NBACHEF is a great blog all about the happenings of the NBA. Unfortunately, it's written all in German. So unless you can read German, you're out of luck. I did talk with the very NBA knowledgeable administrator of the NBACHEF via Facebook about a week, ago and he said he is contemplating writing posts in English too. I'm not sure if he has made a decision on that yet or not, but his blog is definitely worth checking out: http://nbachef.blogspot.com/.

How funny was this interview from Minnesota Timberwolves GM David Kahn? I watched it live on NBA TV the other night. Kahn is a very interesting guy to listen to whenever he opens his mouth, but the real question is, will he turn the Timerwolves around? I lived in Minnesota for almost three years (The last Garnett year and the dismal seasons after Garnett's departure). I have since moved back to Buffalo, NY, but I always try to catch as many T-Wolves games as possible. It's clear Kahan has been getting rid of the McHale layovers (rightfully so), but will he now be able to rebuild with the clean slate he has created?

The T-Wolves are trying to build a "run and gun" team to fill the empty seats in beautiful downtown Twin Cities Target Center Arena. I get why Kahn would want a big man like Darko in that kind of system. Every scout for the past seven NBA seasons and previous Euro seasons has touted Darko as a legitimate seven-footer with quickness, agility, a feathery shooting touch and excellent passing abilities. Those are all necessities in a system like that which Kahn is trying to insititute in Minnesota. It's also an added bonus to have all those skills in addition to Darko's size. The problem is, Milicic has never actually proven any of those scouts right on the court.

I do agree with Kahn that it's worth a shot, and I actually like the direction he is taking the T-Wolves. They have added some talent with Jonny Flynn and Kevin Love. They are young and athletic with skilled big men down low. The drafting of two point-guards in the 2009 NBA Draft back-to-back was a bit head scratching, but the T-Wolves have a player in Ricky Rubio that can be used as a highly valued piece in a trade or could someday end-up running that high octane offense Kahn envisions.

It seems Mr. Kahn is content with slowly building the team with young, athletic and skilled players. Time will tell if Kahn can get it done. One thing is for sure though, he's one great interview!

(RSS Feed or third party site readers, click here to view videos)

More...
    sigpic
    Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

I question every single move David Kahn has made the past 2 off seasons.

Comment

Yeah, I know most hoops fans don't like what he's doing there, but I am a little more open. I think he took the last two years to clear out McHale's duds and is now building the team. There is [I]some[I] young talent to work with in Love and Flynn and I think Rubio is add ammunition. They still need a starter or two and nit just a role player. They need a stud and I could see the other moves working out if they can bring the right guy in to tie everything together. In saying that, I understand that is a difficult task. That's why Kahn's next major move maybe his most important and will decide whether he is their GM in future seasons. Gotta like that video though. Hilarious!
      sigpic
      Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

Comment

If Kahn didnt draft Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn last year, he could have picked Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings instead.

Comment

Working...
        X