Sasha Vujacic Traded To Nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sasha Vujacic Traded To Nets

I have been waiting for this news for a long time and it has finally arrived. Christmas has arrived early this year.

Vujacic and Farmar can certainly help that young Nets team. Give them great insight about what it's like to be on the bench during championship years.

It was pretty obvious that the Lakers were going to trade Sasha because of his expiring contract. This deal takes $9.24 million of the books. {Link}

Here's the full trade:
    The New Jersey Nets have traded Terrence Williams to the Houston Rockets in a three-way deal that will land them Los Angeles Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic and a pair of first-round draft picks, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.
    Lakers also receive Joe Smith. He's a former #1 pick and the Lakers will be his 12th team. Smith will be getting some playing time to help Bynum and Gasol.

I'm just happy I don't have to watch Sasha miss wide open jumpshots with 21 seconds left on the shot clock.

Deal can't be finalized until December 15th.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Thanks to Sasha for helping us win the decisive Game 7 last year, but this is a business. Honestly, everyone knows he was not going to be resigned after this season anyways, at least trading him now gives us some depth on the bench for a position really we needed help with right now. Funny how both Farmar and Sasha ended up on the Nets. Go Lakers!

Comment

Who needs Sasha on the end of the bench when we have Shannon Brown contributing every night?I'm sure he will get playing time with Jersey.he had his moments for the Lakers

Comment

Working...
      X