Thoughts on the New York Knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the New York Knicks

Well, the University of Tennessee men's basketball team is officially driving me to the brink of madness. In what has been a roller coaster season so far, the Vols have handled Villanova, and spanked Pittsburgh, yet they find themselves sitting at 10-6. I could write about my thoughts on the Vols all day, but since I'm guessing that none of you are Vols fans, I won't bore you. I'll just say this; if I didn't have a shaved head, I'd be pulling my hair out. I had to get that off my chest.

Now onto the main topic.

After years of underachievement and disapointment, it seems as thought the New York Knicks may have finally found their stride. It's been since the 03-04 season since the Knicks made the playoffs, but this year looks like the year they will break back onto the playoff scene. Sitting at 6th place in a less than impressive Eastern Conference, with a record of 22-15, the Knick's chances of making the playoffs are good.

Not only are the Knicks loaded with young players with promising NBA futures, they are also loaded with young players that have promising futures in the hobby.

Take Raymond Felton. He is having a career year, putting up 18.1 points/game along with 8.8 assists/game. And with Stoudemire and a cast of young players that are steadily improving, I can see his numbers continuing to rise in the years to come. Felton's cards are a bargain right now. One could easily find a "Buy it Now" listing on eBay of a Felton rookie auto, possibly serial numbered, for $15. However, if the Knicks make some noise in the playoffs, and Felton stays healthy, expect his cards to get hotter.

Another Knick I'm high on is Wilson Chandler. I believe I've wrote about him on this blog before, because I think he's a great investment. Chandler's scoring average has gone up every year since entering the league in 2007. He's averaging 17.8 points/game and 6.4 rebounds/game. Chandler is the Knicks' third leading scorer, behind Stoudemire and Felton. I've already bought a couple Chandler rookies, including an autograph, for next to nothing.

While Stoudemire may be at the peak of his career, other Knicks with promising hobby futures ahead of them include: Gallinari, Landry Fields, and Toney Douglas.

With a plethora of young talent, and a veteran leader in Stoudemire, the Knicks are primed to climb their way back to the upper echelon of the NBA.

More...
    Nick Sabo
    Basketball Card Pro

Playstation Consultant

Amare has been playing great this season. I am surprised at how good Raymond Felton has been doing. Landry Fields came out of nowhere to really flourish. New York also has Kelenna Azubuike who is injured and could really put up good numbers playing the up tempo run and gun style.

Comment

Working...
    X