Carmelo Anthony
    Chauncey Billups

Nuggets Get
    Raymond Felton
    Danilo Gallinari
    3rd Starter
    Eddy Curry
    1st Round Pick

If i'm the Knick's I'd pull the trigger. No offense to any of the players, but Wilson Chandler (who i'd assume is the rumored 3rd starter), Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton simply don't have the same talent as Melo/Billups. Carmelo is a superstar. There are so many possibilities that could happen, some other team could snatch him up and get him to sign the extension, he could decide just to stay in Denver etc etc.

The team in place is a .500 team in the East..Sure they could get Carmelo in the offseason, but is Gallinari really gonna play much with Anthony taking his spot? Would you rather have Felton leading your team at PG or Billups? I know i'd want Billups, who is a leader and still a great PG..

Mike D’Antoni and the Knicks seem completely against it because they are giving up 'to much'. I tend to disagree and think they are all easily replaceable..

Knicks are idiots. Billups is older, but proven. His contract can be voided after this season anyways. Landry Fields is whatever. Essentially it is Gallinari for Melo. Eddy Curry and the draft picks dont really mean anything to the Knicks right now. So basically they are saying Landry Fields is the reason they dont want to do the trade.

Comment

Knicks have now apparantly offered the choice of Landry Fields or Galinari to go with Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry and a first round pick..

Nets have a better offer by far.

Comment

I read last night that Denver will take Gallinari, it is just pending Carmelo's approval which I am sure he will do. Knicks still have a decent team with Amare, Melo, Billups, and Fields. Plus they still have some other good complimentary players in Ronny, Mozgov, Azubuike, and Douglas. Mason or Azubuike will get a chance to start at SG.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
          I read last night that Denver will take Gallinari, it is just pending Carmelo's approval which I am sure he will do. Knicks still have a decent team with Amare, Melo, Billups, and Fields. Plus they still have some other good complimentary players in Ronny, Mozgov, Azubuike, and Douglas. Mason or Azubuike will get a chance to start at SG.
          Denver shouldn't do it..Carmelo seemed open to signing with New Jersey who's package is 10x better than the Knicks.

Comment

This has been a big distraction all season and really tired of it but I think the Knicks should have done this. But it could go either way.

Comment

Latest on the potential deal:

It was reported the Knicks won't budge on the deal, the Nuggets would like Timofey Mozgov but the Knicks feel his 4 points per game and 3 rebounds per game are just way to essential to being the 6th seed and they refuse to trade him.

i just shake my head at the Knicks, in the words of a WISE man. 'Really?'

Comment

The Knicks management team is in shambles. You know Isiah is running the show by trading 6-7 players. Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni should walk since what they want is being overruled.

Comment

Who needs Carmelo when you can keep Timofey Mozgov?

Anyone who spells Timothy with an 'f' is obviously a freakin SUPERSTAR.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                  Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                  Johnson/Mears/
                  Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X