Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davies done for year for having sex.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6175090

Brandon Davies was dismissed from BYU's basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations with his girlfriend, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday.

BYU's honor code forbids students from having premarital sex and instructs them to "live a chaste and virtuous life."

BYU is in the midst of a dream season. But Brandon Davies' dismissal over the school's honor code is a nightmare for the Cougars, writes Eamonn Brennan. Blog

The newspaper reported that Davies met with school officials on Monday.

BYU officials would only confirm Wednesday that Davies wasn't involved in anything criminal that resulted in his dismissal from the team.

University spokeswoman Carri Jenkins said an honor code review is under way to determine if the BYU sophomore will be allowed to remain in school, as well as his status with the team next season.

BYU's honor code also requires students to be honest; abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse; and attend church regularly.

The school announced the dismissal on Tuesday night after being made aware of the violation Monday -- the same day that BYU (27-2, 13-1 Mountain West) vaulted to No. 3 in the ESPN/USA Today and AP polls.

Davies had started 26 of 29 games and averaged 11.1 points and a team-leading 6.2 rebounds.

The sophomore was a key member of BYU's frontcourt and was instrumental in helping contain San Diego State's forwards in the Cougars' 80-67 victory over the Aztecs.

School officials said coach Dave Rose would address the issue following Wednesday's game against New Mexico.

Davies was one of Jimmer Fredette's favorite targets in the post, ran the floor well and gave the Cougars length and size inside.

Information from ESPN.com senior writer Andy Katz and The Associated Press was used in this report.
    Last edited by Ground Support; 03-02-2011, 10:34 PM.

Talk about an recruitment killer..

Comment

Wow. Bet they are glad it's not Jimmer
      Arizona Cardinals Autos
      Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
      Wrestling Autos
      Wrestling Relics

Comment

I still find this funny.

Comment

and what's sad is the very next game, they get blown out by New Mexico.

Sad that ONE player made that kind of difference!
          Randy
          United States Air Force, Retired
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
          balance of life, an individual diagnosed
          with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I think its really silly but he did sign a contract to honor the honor code

Comment

i understand the code but i live right accross from a mormon youth church, cant remember what they really call it. but every wed they have a meet night, where all the young 14-17 yr old males and females get together and try to "find" their future husbands and wives, i call it a "meat market" night. anyways u dont know how many times i have found used condoms laying in the road outside my house by my vehicles. so i know there is plenty of sex going on at byu, i wonder how they found out about this guy. was it a ex that turned him in? or was it another female that wanted to be with him. thats what i would find interesting.
              http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
                i understand the code but i live right accross from a mormon youth church, cant remember what they really call it. but every wed they have a meet night, where all the young 14-17 yr old males and females get together and try to "find" their future husbands and wives, i call it a "meat market" night. anyways u dont know how many times i have found used condoms laying in the road outside my house by my vehicles. so i know there is plenty of sex going on at byu, i wonder how they found out about this guy. was it a ex that turned him in? or was it another female that wanted to be with him. thats what i would find interesting.

lol! Thats a new one. Usually people find trash, or beer cans.

You find used condoms.

lol

Comment

....and I say.....if it helps the team win....then let the boy's have at it!
                  Randy
                  United States Air Force, Retired
                  ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                  balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                  with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Support View Post
                    lol! Thats a new one. Usually people find trash, or beer cans.

You find used condoms.

lol

lol it's better than used Q-tips from orangejello lol

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                      I think its really silly but he did sign a contract to honor the honor code

^^^^^^THIS.... he signed the contract and messed up

dont like it... dont sign it

Comment

Working...
                      X