Tom Gores reaches deal to buy Detroit Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Gores reaches deal to buy Detroit Pistons

story broke earlier this afternoon, all I have to say is it's about time..wasted the entire year between Gores & Davidson trying to work a deal out. Hopefully Gores is willing to put the work and resources into making this team a championship Basketball team again.

Lol now he will resell the pistons to Illitch and sell the palace and DTE to someone else. He flips companies for profits. Davidson wouldn't sell Illitch just the Pistons.

Comment

From what I hear, he turns around companies (in this case it'd be the team) and sell for a profit..Keep Ilitch as far away from the Pistons as possible though..need the money to go into the Tigers.

Comment

I think the Palace and Entertainment is bigger then the Pistons..

It was a packaged deal. He got everything..

I know a lot of people who work at the Palace and DTE for the staging.. All are scared as hell that they will lose their jobs to this guy buying and reselling and the union moving in.

I even heard that my company that I work for might get Palace gigs (Staging) when all this goes down.

This is step 1. Davidsons are out. It will be interesting to see how long this guy actually owns the Pistons and Palace Entertainment...

Comment

Pistons' Gores 'ecstatic' over agreement (AP)

Tom Gores says he's "ecstatic" after reaching an agreement to buy the Detroit Pistons. Gores was in a suite Monday night when the Pistons hosted the Cleveland Cavaliers, and he spoke with reporters briefly as the game began. Gores says he wants to build on the foundation set by Bill Davidson, who owned the team when it won NBA titles in 1989, 1990 and 2004.

More...

Comment

Working...
          X