Allen Iverson to Retire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Iverson to Retire...

About time is all I can say, selfish player is how he should be retired, would rather lose than win

He wont stay retired long. Some team will sign him this season. Regardless of him being a selfish player, he is still one of the best players that played in the last 14 years.

Comment

key2win-No, he was an ok player that played from 1996-2001
      Click On Awesome Banner To Go To My Site

Comment

He was more than an ok player. He was a former MVP, ROY, 10 time All Star, 4 time Scoring Champion, and led a team of role players to the NBA Finals. Just because he never won a title, it shouldnt take away from the player he was on the court.

Comment

He was a selfish player who only thinks of himself.

Comment

That can be said about a lot of NBA players. Kobe was like that for many years before he changed.

Comment

Thats true, but AI never changed.

Comment

Yeah I know. If he did change and learn that winning is more important than individual success, he would be looked at differently. I wish he would have proven everyone wrong in Memphis and mentored some of their younger players.

Comment

well i think its about time. i never really like ai after he was on the nuggets. i also do not think he will stay retired though.
                  Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                  sigpic

Comment

Good that he decided to leave.. Until he changes the way he plays then he can probably return
                    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by GoJets9096822 View Post
                      key2win-No, he was an ok player that played from 1996-2001
                      He was far more than an 'OK' player. Just because his selfishness got him retired early (for now), you can't discredit what he did in the NBA because of it. That's just ridiculous to say he was only an 'OK' player.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                        He was far more than an 'OK' player. Just because his selfishness got him retired early (for now), you can't discredit what he did in the NBA because of it. That's just ridiculous to say he was only an 'OK' player.
                        i have to say i agree with every thing you said.
                        Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                        sigpic

Comment

Iverson was a superstar 100% in his hay day, however he was also a selfish diva, theres a reason the 76ers never had another even good player, AI wanted the spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                            Iverson was a superstar 100% in his hay day, however he was also a selfish diva, theres a reason the 76ers never had another even good player, AI wanted the spotlight
                            Exactly. So for someone to say he was an 'ok' player at best is rather laughable.

I'll remember AI more for how he ended his career, and his "practice?!" speech than the explosive scorer he once was, however.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                            Johnson/Mears/
                            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I think he was an amazing player who should of stayed with the 76ers. the two AI's would of been a great tandem. He can still play, and will wants someone cracks and wants him. He may have been a headache, but he could ball. and IS a future HOF
                              I collect
                              All players who played for the Bulls/Spurs plus

Bulls PC 5131 of 32,841 (15.6%)
                              Spurs PC 3319 of 22,829 (14.5%)

Comment

Working...
                              X