Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cavs trade Hickson to Kings for Casspi (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavs trade Hickson to Kings for Casspi (AP)

The Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday traded forward J.J. Hickson to the Sacramento Kings for forward Omri Casspi and a future first-round pick. Hickson's days in Cleveland appeared numbered when the club drafted Texas forward Tristan Thompson with the No. 4 overall pick in last week's NBA draft.

More...

What??????

I thought Hickson was untouchable on the team.

Comment

Here are more details about the future draft pick.

The Cavs will also receive a lottery-protected first-round pick in 2012 from Sacramento. The pick is top-13 protected in 2013, top-12 protected in 2014, and top-10 protected in 2015-17. If the pick is not conveyed by 2017, the Kings will instead send a 2017 second-round pick, 56-60 protected.

Comment

Hickson wants a max contract after his contract is up next year, and Cleveland wasn't gonna give him that. So they had to get as much as they could. Sadly, a protected 1st and Casspi isn't much for our 'best' player, but oh well. They drafted Thompson, so they had to move Hickson.

The only good thing coming out of this is hopefully seeing Casspi's girlfriend at the Cavs games now....

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Well that is a plus for your team now. LOL!

Comment

Thats a reason to go to Cavs games lol

Comment

Thats the ONLY reason to go to a Cavs game.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
              Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
              Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
              Colts Rookie Collection
              Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Dan Gilbert must be banking on some sort of profit sharing deal in the new CBA because his team is going to be bad for a while.

Comment

I think that is a great trade. You trade Hickeson, who is a nice player but insane if he thinks he is worthy of that, you got a solid player and a draft pick and got younger with your top two picks. I like the deal. Hickson wasn't going to help you win a title, why not try to make something happen
                  Working on 2007 SPx Baseball Rookies Sub Set

Needs
                  104,105,106,107,110,111,117,118,119,120,122,124,12 5,127,128,129,131,132,133,134,135,137,139,140,143, 145,146

Comment

i think i'll go to a cleveland game to see his gf hahaha
                    Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

I think this is a good trade as well... Kings will really benefit from Hickson!
                      Here is who/what I collect:

Basketball:Carmelo Anthony & Jared Dudley And ANY CURRENT CELTICS!
                      Baseball: Current Yankees. Football: Earl Thomas & Torrey Smith

BUCKET: http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab270/stephj32/

Comment

sactown is starting to look pretty good, now they just gotta move salmons and jimmer
                        Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

Originally posted by Phlash View Post
                          sactown is starting to look pretty good, now they just gotta move salmons and jimmer
                          No way is that team at all starting to look good. Cousins and Tyreke(sp) are both ball hogs, how are other guys getting shots? Not to mention their owners are broke. that team is a mess.
                          Working on 2007 SPx Baseball Rookies Sub Set

Needs
                          104,105,106,107,110,111,117,118,119,120,122,124,12 5,127,128,129,131,132,133,134,135,137,139,140,143, 145,146

Comment

Working...
                          X