Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Lockout: Do You Side With Owners Or Players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Lockout: Do You Side With Owners Or Players?

Which side do you agree with? The Owners or Players?

Honestly, the owners are the ones who dug themselves into this financial hole. They claim they are losing money every season and want all of their players to take pay cuts and want to institute a hard cap, which would be horrible for everyone since basically 1 superstar would take up half the team's payroll all by themselves.

First of all, the owners were the ones stupid enough to sign off on the ridiculous contracts in the first place.

Here are a few examples of journeymen and lifetime bench players that got paid 5 years for the full mid level, so about 5 years $37.5 million dollars since 2004: Derek Fisher, Luke Walton, Adonal Foyle, Jerome James, Brian Cardinal, Jason Kapono, and almost everyone Isiah Thomas signed when he was General Manager of the Knicks.

What kind of an idiot gives people like Jerome James and Adonal Foyle this kind of money?

Second example are superstars or all stars which are vastly overpaid. The main three that comes to mind are Joe Johnson, Gilbert Arenas, and Rudy Gay. All are good players and deserve somewhere between $10-13 million per season, but the Hawks, Wizards, and Grizzlies overpaid for fear of losing them. Sad thing is that no other team in the league would even pay them anywhere close to that amount. So you have idiot General Managers and owners who are basically bidding against themselves. Joe Johnson got a 6 year $119 million contract to stay with the Hawks. Gilbert Arenas got a 6 year $111 million contract to stay with the Wizards. Rudy Gay got a 5 year $82 million contract to stay with the Grizzlies.

Now if you are a basketball player or NBA agent and some stupid General Manager offers you this kind of money, are you suppose to say no to it? I dont blame the players since General Managers and owners are the ones who dont know what they are doing.

The biggest losers in all of this are not the owners or the players, its the fans who have to see their favorite sport possibly missing a season for something that none of us really care about. I really hope we dont miss next season because of greed.

I side with niether of them, both of them are wrong, I look forward to seeing Basketball in 2012-13

Comment

I agree with Dan, both should stop the money squabbles and get back to playing.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by B.I.G.Poppa View Post
        I agree with Dan, both should stop the money squabbles and get back to playing.
        Well I do agree the money has to change, but I don't agree with the owners all the way because they put themselves in the position, I mean who gives someone like Amir Johnson a big time contract? Bad contracts are why the NBA is the way it is right now, if they lower the cap and stop handing out bad contracts to everyone, it may help.

Just my .02 though

Comment

So the owners need a hard cap to protect themselves from their own bad decisions? LOL!

Comment

I am definitely not on either side in this one. Hard for me to feel sorry for any millionaire.
            Arizona Cardinals Autos
            Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
            Wrestling Autos
            Wrestling Relics

Comment

I agree with most people on here by saying that I do not agree with either side either. Shows how greedy people are...and it loses the "fun" in basketball....I just need there to be a 2011-2012 season!
              Here is who/what I collect:

Basketball:Carmelo Anthony & Jared Dudley And ANY CURRENT CELTICS!
              Baseball: Current Yankees. Football: Earl Thomas & Torrey Smith

BUCKET: http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab270/stephj32/

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                So the owners need a hard cap to protect themselves from their own bad decisions? LOL!
                In a way, yes. A lot of players get paid and stop working hard because they are on a trash team. I bet next year Jose Reyes is 1/2 the player he is now because he would have been already signed to a huge contract. This year he is playing to be paid.

Comment

neiter cause both sides are wrong.. it will be a long off season

Comment

i think they are both wrong, but i do agree with a hard cap, and getting players to sign smaller contracts. its the owners fault in the first place for spending so much on players. the nba players do deserve more freedom, stern has ruined basketball with so many rules.
                    Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

I think a hard cap would force GM's make more sensible decisions knowing that other teams are playing by the same set of rules. Right now the bigger markets have an unfair advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by RAYJAYSOLDIER View Post
                        i think they are both wrong, but i do agree with a hard cap, and getting players to sign smaller contracts. its the owners fault in the first place for spending so much on players. the nba players do deserve more freedom, stern has ruined basketball with so many rules.
                        good point and salaries are out of site!
                        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
                        X