No announcement yet.

Who Is Your Favorite Basketball Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is Your Favorite Basketball Player?

Basketball has been the main sport I have followed and collected for more than 20 years. I have always been a die hard Lakers fan. My favorite basketball player when I was a kid was Magic Johnson. Watching him as a kid in the late 1980s was an amazing sight. The way he controlled the tempo of the game along with his flashiness was something not seen in those days. Today, my favorite player is Kobe Bryant.

Who Is Your Favorite Basketball Player?

Chauncey Billups, the heart and soul of the Pistons when he was in Detroit, I remember the day I heard he was traded, it was like a punch to the gut

Comment

Steve Nash
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
        Chauncey Billups, the heart and soul of the Pistons when he was in Detroit, I remember the day I heard he was traded, it was like a punch to the gut
        I remember the Piston's Championship run with Billups running point, I was so excited when they took down the All-Star Lakers and stopped them from completing a "4-peat". A great year for Laker haters.

As for my favorite player, it's Michael Jordan, big surprise. Outside of the 90's Bulls though, my favorite is probably Kirk Hinrich. The Bulls was really really terrible before he came along and things started to get better and better after his RC year. He was a good leader and I really liked watching him and Rose in the backcourt together, so I was disappointed when he was traded to the Wizards of all teams.
        Last edited by whalechaser; 09-19-2011, 10:23 PM.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
        Click here for Bucket

Comment

Current: Monta Ellis
          Past: Mark Price

Sadly, there just isn't a current Cavalier that gets me excited

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Jeremy - hopefully when the season starts Kyrie Irving can give the Cavs fans something to cheer for.

Comment

Kevin Garnett! Love his enthusiasm and passion for the game. Reminds me every time I look at his 95-96 Finest RC, such a great card.
              Cheers,

Matt

Comment

My favorite basketball player is Patrick Ewing followed closely by Mike Bibby.
                TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

I really like it when I see peoples fav players that are not the normal! And the reasons behind it are cool too - like they went to the college or know a friend of the player or it's a good way to pick up awesome cards of the player without busting the budget or they like hall of fame calibre players or a team etc etc good stuff
                  Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Past Favorite - Ed Pinckney

Current Favorite - Rajon Rondo

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Kevin Garnett - current

Larry Bird - past
                      I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Muggsy Bogues!!!To be only 5'3'' and to play in the "land of giants" was very inspiring to me.

Comment

I liked Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Michael Jordan back in the day. Today's stars, I like Kobe and Lebron
                          http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu16/JYWILLI69/

Comment

So many choices! In the past my absolute favorite was Gilbert Arenas, his fun personality, explosive scoring and awesome buzzer beaters were all frickin sweet to me. Present is hard to say. My favorites are between John Wall and Trevor Booker. Wall for obvious reasons (lightning in a bottle basically). Booker is an absolute animal, he'll definitely get shine once Blatche is traded and he gets more minutes.
                            "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
                            X