Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Talks Break Down - Regular Season Games Lost If No Deal By Monday

NBA talks break down over money, games in jeopardy - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

NBA owners and players have failed again to get close to a labor deal, and union president Derek Fisher says he anticipates the remainder of the preseason to be canceled.

Regular-season games could follow soon afterward, with talks breaking down and no meetings scheduled—players’ association executive director Billy Hunter said the next could even be a month or two months.

Players had offered to reduce their guarantee of basketball-related income from 57 to 53 percent, which they said would have given owners back more than $1 billion over six years. But they said the owners’ last proposal had them at 47 percent.

The sides met for more than four hours Tuesday, but Fisher says “today was not the day for us to get this done.”

This is getting frustrating. GIVE ME SOME BASKETBALL!
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

At least the NFL owners were willing to negotiate terms. Sounds like the NBA owners just want all the damn money.

Pretty pathetic. Guess they aren't happy being multi-millionaires.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

You have stupid owners who sign off on dumb deals and even dumber general managers who offer ridiculous contracts. The owners need to fire their so called general managers and get someone good to actually run their team.

Its the owners/general managers who give $37.5 million to the likes of Adonal Foyle, Brian Cardinal, Jerome James, and every deal Isiah Thomas has done which is why the NBA is in the spot they are in right now.

What stupid general manager gives Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson, or Gilbert Arenas a $120+ million contract when no one else will offer them anything even close to that? From a player's perspective, if they want a $96 million contract and someone offers $126 million, are they going to say no thanks I would have signed the same contract with you for $96 million.

The owners are the ones who at fault for overspending on mediocre players and overpaying others. If they are losing money, it is their own fault, not the players.

Comment

NBA owners are mad they gave players like Darko or Amir Johnson pretty good money. Maybe they shouldn't sign guys to bad contracts?

Comment

I truly believe that this season is done. Sounds like both sides are far apart and simply not willing to budge. I'm actually quite shocked at how many players are looking to play elsewhere this season. Better for those of us abroad I guess. I know, I for one will be seeing a better calibre of basketball in the CBA here in Shanghai.

KNICKS autos FS
            PUCK REPELLENT : New York Rangers Goalies
            QB10 : Eli Manning Autographs

Comment

this is brutal

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                You have stupid owners who sign off on dumb deals and even dumber general managers who offer ridiculous contracts. The owners need to fire their so called general managers and get someone good to actually run their team.

Its the owners/general managers who give $37.5 million to the likes of Adonal Foyle, Brian Cardinal, Jerome James, and every deal Isiah Thomas has done which is why the NBA is in the spot they are in right now.

What stupid general manager gives Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson, or Gilbert Arenas a $120+ million contract when no one else will offer them anything even close to that? From a player's perspective, if they want a $96 million contract and someone offers $126 million, are they going to say no thanks I would have signed the same contract with you for $96 million.

The owners are the ones who at fault for overspending on mediocre players and overpaying others. If they are losing money, it is their own fault, not the players.
                Exactly right. The owners messed up continually with ridiculous contracts and now they want to be bailed out at the expense of the players. I fault the owners and Stern more than anyone else for this mess.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
                Click here for Bucket

Comment

No surprise, a deal isn't going to happen soon
                  Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                  sigpic

Comment

3 more days to get a deal done before regular season games are cancelled. Again this is all on the owners and I solely blame them. Im sure majority of the fans blame the lockout on the owners too. Not only do we lose games to watch, but Panini wont release any new basketball products until the lockout ends.

Union refuses NBA's conditions of meeting - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Comment

Working...
                    X