Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hilarious Story About Kwame Brown - LOL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious Story About Kwame Brown - LOL!

At a recent press conference at UC Santa Barbara, Kobe Bryant told a bizarre story about Brown's fear of failure.

"But like, the game before we traded for Pau, we're playing Detroit and I had like 40 points towards the end of the game. This is back when Detroit had Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups and those guys, so we had no business being in the game. So down the stretch of the game, they put in a box and one. So I'm surrounded by these players, Detroit players, and Kwame is under the basket, all by himself. Literally, like all by himself. So I pass him the ball, he bobbled it and it goes out of bounds.

"So we go back to the timeout and I'm upset, right? He goes, 'I was wide open.' 'Yeah, I know.' This is how I'm talking to him, like, during the game. I said, 'You're going to be open again, Kwame, because Rasheed is just totally ignoring you.' He said, 'Well, if I'm open don't throw it to me.' I was like, 'Huh?' He said, 'Don't throw it to me.' I said, 'Why not?' He said, well, 'I'm nervous. If I catch it and they foul me, I won't make the free throws.' I said, 'Hell no!'

"I go to Phil Jackson, I say, 'Hey Phil, take him out of the game.' He's like, 'Nah, let him figure it out.' So, we lose the game, I go the locker room, I'm steaming. Steaming. I'm furious. Then, finally I get a call, they said, 'You know what, we got something that's happening with Pau.' I was like, 'Alright. Cool.'…That's what I had to deal with the whole year."
    Video: Kobe Bryant tells a ridiculous Kwame Brown story - Ball Don't Lie - NBA*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Great story! Ah Kwame Brown, Michael Jordan's greatest failure.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
    Click here for Bucket

Comment

Ironically Kwame Brown was both Mitch Kupchak's worst ever GM move (since he traded future All Star Caron Butler for him) and his greatest triumph in becoming one of the best GMs in the NBA (because he traded Butterfingers for perennial All Star Pau Gasol = 2 NBA Titles).

Comment

That explains Kwame being a terrible NBA player

Comment

Originally posted by whalechaser View Post
          Great story! Ah Kwame Brown, Michael Jordan's greatest failure.
          uh... his marriage ?

Comment

Ahh Kwame, how was I fooled into believing you were the next Jermaine O'Neal? lol
            "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by ac-n-mike View Post
              uh... his marriage ?
              Hmm . . . Let's say the greatest professional failure. . .

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
              Click here for Bucket

Comment

Wow... can't believe a guy who is getting paid millions of dollars would ever have the guts to say "don't throw me the ball". I actually feel bad for the guy.
                Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

I remember seeing this game live back in 04 and thinking that Kwame has finally gone superstar lol.
                  "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Wow... Kwame was a beast. If only... if only.

Originally posted by B.I.G.Poppa View Post

I remember seeing this game live back in 04 and thinking that Kwame has finally gone superstar lol.
                    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

I dont think Kwame ever had a game like that while playing for the Lakers. While watching games back then, if Kwame did not turn over the ball or get hit by it, that would be a victory in itself. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X