LAUNFD Basketball Game Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAUNFD Basketball Game Recap

LAUNFD held a charity event that featured some current NBA players. The game was played at LA Southwest College. Baron Davis and Tina Thompson put the whole event together.

I won two tickets from Baron Davis on Twitter. I invited my buddy Alex to the game. The doors were suppose to open at 3pm, so that's the time we arrived. They didn't allow fans into the gym until about 3:30pm. They gave away free t-shirts to everyone in attendance.

Some of the players came out before the game started and began shoot around. As we were waiting for the game to start, Alex noticed The Professor was standing along the baseline with some friends. We headed over and took a picture. He was very nice.

The game started at 5pm and there was a national anthem. They introduced all of the players for both the black and white team.

Black Team
    Nick Young
    Trevor Ariza
    Craig Smith
    Amir Johnson
    Jordan Hamilton

White Team
    Baron Davis
    Matt Barnes
    DeMar DeRozan
    James Harden
    Dorrell Wright
    Ryan Hollins

They played 8 minute quarters and had a running clock unless there was a foul. It was nice watching a fast paced game with little fouls. DeMar DeRozan had a couple of sick dunks and Jordan Hamilton is going to be a great player in the NBA. I can't wait to see how he does in Denver this season.

The game went into overtime. There was about five seconds left when Matt Barnes threw a full court pass to Baron Davis who just threw the ball up to the hoop because he was falling out of bounds. DeMar DeRozan was there for the rebound and laid it in the for game-winning bucket.

After the game, fans were allowed on the court. Some players even gave away their jerseys to fans. In the corner of the gym they had a set-up for the media. ESPN, ABC, and CBS had a couple of reporters at the game including JA Adande from Around the Horn. I was able to get a couple of pictures with the players.

I want to thanks LAUNFD, Baron Davis and the rest of the guys for putting on a great game.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Working...
X