Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Paul Requests Trade to the Knicks

Chris Paul requests trade to N.Y. - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Chris Paul’s agent informed New Orleans Hornets officials on Wednesday that his client will not sign a contract extension and wants to be traded to the New York Knicks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As soon as the NBA lifts its lockout restrictions, Hornets general manager Dell Demps wants to meet with Paul and hear that directive from him.

Nevertheless, the prospects of the Hornets executing a trade with the Knicks appear to be relatively dim. The Knicks simply don’t have the trade assets that come close to meeting New Orleans’ criteria for a deal. Demps has been listening to overtures from teams around the league, and has been actively working under the assumption that Paul would reject a contract extension.
    Honestly, this is why I'm hating the NBA so much. The CBA did nothing to help out small market teams and now you see EVERY superstar free agent wanting out to go to a 'super team'. Another reason to hate LeBron, he started all the best players going to team up with their buddies.

I like Chris Paul as a player a ton, but this is just silly.

CP3/Amare/Melo > Bron/Wade/Chrissy Bosh

Now we just gotta wait for DH12 to go to the Lakers and the NBA will officially be 3 relevant teams, 27 wastes of franchises. HOW FUN!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post

Now we just gotta wait for DH12 to go to the Lakers and the NBA will officially be 3 relevant teams, 27 wastes of franchises. HOW FUN!
      Which is why I hate the NBA now. Funny part will be if the Hornets do trade Paul since the NBA owns the Hornets. That would tell you all you need to know about the NBA.

Might as well go out and get rid of 4-6 teams at this point.

Comment

There's absolutely no point of having 16 teams make the playoffs anymore. At least 10 of them have ZERO shot of winning it all. Might as well cut it down to 4 teams from the East and 4 teams from the West.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

There's absolutely no point of having 16 teams make the playoffs anymore. At least 10 of them have ZERO shot of winning it all. Might as well cut it down to 4 teams from the East and 4 teams from the West.
          I wonder if the owners back out of the CBA with the news about Paul? Or atleast the small market owners. This is a huge issue

Comment

QFT

I doubt it will but happen this year. 7th and 32nd is just an hr away so I would make extra trips this year if it did

I suspect he plays and signs next year
            Last edited by wheeler281; 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Its basically guaranteed that Dwight will force his way to the Lakers, probably for Bynum/Odom.

The Knicks have no one to trade other than Billups and some salary cap relief. Carmelo/Amare make up about 75% of their team salary cap.

Comment

Working...
              X