NBA Opening Day Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Opening Day Discussion Thread

Thank goodness the NBA season is finally upon us. Five games tomorrow.

Celtics at Knicks
    Heat at Mavericks
    Bulls at Lakers
    Magic at Thunder
    Clippers at Warriors

So I woke up at 9 AM PT this morning to catch the first game. The Knicks were up by as much as 17, then Boston came back strong to go up NBA by 10. Considering there was no Paul Pierce, I didnt expect the Knicks to lose their lead. This was a very good game especially near the end. Rajon Rondo was a beast today. Brandon Bass also had a very good game.

The Heat blew out the Mavericks for the first 3 quarters, but Dallas made a come back in the 4th but lost by 11. Lamar Odom played horrible in his Maverick debut. After he made his first 3 pointer, it went all down hill from there. Vince Carter was just as bad. The only one who helped Dirk was Jason Terry. You can tell they obviously missed Tyson Chandler and J.J. Barea.

The Lakers should have won the game. Kobe lost that game for them by commiting that turnover (8 total tonight) near the end of the game and by trying to make a game winning layup when he was triple teamed. He should have either taken the jumpshot or passed the ball to someone. But at least Devin Ebanks, Josh McRoberts, Steve Blake, and Troy Murphy all did their part and had a solid game. I was surprised that Andrew Goudelock played 12 minutes and even scored 6 points. No sign of Jason Kapono or Matt Barnes tonight.

Dwight Howard did not have a good shooting night. Jason Richardson was horrible. I cant believe Ryan Anderson had 25 points, 10 rebounds, and 6 three pointers. Figures that I waive him in two fantasy basketball leagues. If the Magic start the season on a losing streak, they are bound to trade Dwight to the Lakers sooner rather than later.

The newly looked Clippers blew out Golden State in the second half. Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups each scored 20 points and played well together.

Comment

What I learned yesterday. The refs are still horrid and try to be bigger than the game

Comment

Working...
      X