Kobe Bryant Becomes Youngest Player To Score 28,000 Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe Bryant Becomes Youngest Player To Score 28,000 Points

Kobe Bryant came into today's game four points shy of 28,000 career points.

In the Lakers first game of 2012, Kobe didn't score in the first quarter and sat on the bench for the first half of the second quarter with foul trouble. Kobe only scored three points and went 1-for-10 from the field.

After missing his first three shots in the second half, Kobe finally hit a 12-foot jumper and became the youngest player to score 28,000 points. Only five other players have accomplished this amazing feat. He became the second guard to reach the mark.

Kobe's finished the night shooting 6-for-28 from the field. The Lakers ended up losing the game 99-90 against the Nuggets.

Kobe is less than 600 points away from passing Shaquille O'neal for fifth all-time. He should pass him during the middle of the season.

Click here to see the entire All-Time Scoring list.

Picture Credit: AP & NBA

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Congrats to Kobe on this milestone. I wish it came with the win though. I cant blame Kobe since he saved the Lakers so many times in the past, but last night he should have passed the ball to Gasol or Bynum. He did cost us the game with his 4-5 consecutive misses and than 1 turnover. His performance in the last few minutes of the 4th Quarter yesterday made me want to throw my remote through the television. This isnt 06-07 when you had losers like Smush Parker, Luke Walton, & Kwame Brown in the starting lineup and you are better off taking any shot instead of passing it to them. Gasol and Bynum both had good games last night and should have gotten a few more touches.

Comment

Working...
    X