Gilbert Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilbert Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

I am glad he was suspended, he broke league rules and well gun protection laws, and he doesnt seem to take the situation to seriously, after reading his tweets on twitter, and his actions at the Philly game previously

Eh, this season's dead, and his career is in jepordy, this was supposed to be his big comeback year. Maybe Boykins/NY can step up at the one-spot, but Arenas' explosive scoring punch will be missed. Arenas is still a good man though likes to joke, but his joke went too far.
    It seems the worst things happen to the Wizards always....

Gladdy-What do you mean he's not taking the situation seriously?? He took full responsibility, turned himself in to the cops, admitted that he took the stunt too far(misinterpreted the new DC gun laws).... what else do you want him to do?? Twitter ain't everything...
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I meant that he said how seriously he took the situation, then the next night in the huddle before the Wizards/76ers game he's joking around making guns with his thumb and index finger, making a mockery of what he did, thats what i mean, what i want is

A) for him to type not text language (that wont happen)
      B) Not to joke with guns
      C) After you say you know the seriousness, to not mock the entire thing

just my opinion though, i hope his career is done, he doesnt deserve a second chance, this in my opinion is worse than the Palace Brawl, Artest while stupidly going into the fans, reacted at someone throwing a drink on him (still stupid to go in a Detroit crowd, thats asking for disaster) but what makes you pull a gun out on your teammate? or in fact bring a gun into a lockerrom?

again just my opinion

Comment

On the bright side, it should increase minutes and shots for Randy Foye, Nick Young, and Earl Boykins.

Comment

I just dont like that he was joking about Guns... i mean C'Mon man
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
            I meant that he said how seriously he took the situation, then the next night in the huddle before the Wizards/76ers game he's joking around making guns with his thumb and index finger, making a mockery of what he did, thats what i mean, what i want is

A) for him to type not text language (that wont happen)
            B) Not to joke with guns
            C) After you say you know the seriousness, to not mock the entire thing

just my opinion though, i hope his career is done, he doesnt deserve a second chance, this in my opinion is worse than the Palace Brawl, Artest while stupidly going into the fans, reacted at someone throwing a drink on him (still stupid to go in a Detroit crowd, thats asking for disaster) but what makes you pull a gun out on your teammate? or in fact bring a gun into a lockerrom?

again just my opinion
            It's your opinion, so I won't ridicule it. But IMO, after a guy like Stephen Jackson busts shots outside a club and is allowed to return, then Arenas should return too, seeing how they were unloaded guns (meaning, no bullets).

It was still a bad joke though I agree. At least he didn't have the intent of killing someone like a G thug.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
              On the bright side, it should increase minutes and shots for Randy Foye, Nick Young, and Earl Boykins.
              Randy Foye is still on my fantasy team (YES!)

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
              I just dont like that he was joking about Guns... i mean C'Mon man
              Greatest two words ever

Originally posted by The Notorious GA0 View Post
              It's your opinion, so I won't ridicule it. But IMO, after a guy like Stephen Jackson busts shots outside a club and is allowed to return, then Arenas should return too, seeing how they were unloaded guns (meaning, no bullets).
              True, but Stern is going to make him "the example" just like Vick was "the example"

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                It's not a bright side, because none of them are Gilbert Arenas...

Comment

Gilbert took it seriously? His comments:

"I'd feel bad if I did something wrong. But I didn't"

Way to man up, Gil. Oh, and your pregame firing of your 'hand-guns' in your team huddle....classy.

This guy is a joke.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                  Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                  Johnson/Mears/
                  Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                    True, but Stern is going to make him "the example" just like Vick was "the example"
                    Ughh, why couldn't he have made an example of Jackson when he had his little accident? I hate David Stern.

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                      Gilbert took it seriously? His comments:

"I'd feel bad if I did something wrong. But I didn't"

Way to man up, Gil. Oh, and your pregame firing of your 'hand-guns' in your team huddle....classy.

This guy is a joke.
                      "Joke or not, I now recognize that what I did was a mistake and was wrong. I should not have brought the guns to DC in the first place, and I now realize that there's no such thing as joking around when it comes to guns — even if unloaded.

I am very sorry for the effect that my serious lapse in judgment has had on my team, my teammates, the National Basketball Association and its fans. I want to apologize to everybody for letting them down with my conduct, and I promise to do better in the future."-Statement from Arenas on Monday

Where did you get your quote?

I do agree with the handgun thing, it's too early to joke about the situation.

You're wrong... he MADE a joke (lol...)

Comment

On a different note, what effect will this have on his cards? Will he have a drastic dropoff in value? If so, this could be a golden opportunity and "eye of the storm" type thing in this situation.

Comment

His cards have never really been expensive, but expect them to go down like Burress/Vick/Stallworth

Comment

His interview last night....they showed it on SportsNation today. Those were his exact words.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                            Johnson/Mears/
                            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

wow i cant believe it was a joke, i had no idea. i thought that he was going to do pretty good now after having those 2 games but i guess not.
                              Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X