Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard Sets NBA Free Throws Attempt Record

Howard breaks FT attempts mark, Magic top Warriors - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Not the greatest record to hold because of the way it happened, but at least Dwight helped his team win with the free throws made.

Dwight Howard broke Wilt Chamberlain’s nearly 50-year-old NBA record for most free throw attempts in a game, making 21 of 39 in the Orlando Magic’s 117-109 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Thursday night. The Warriors hacked Howard intentionally throughout, sending the notoriously poor shooter to the line in record-setting fashion. Chamberlain shot 34 for the Philadelphia Warriors against St. Louis on Feb. 22, 1962. Howard finished with 45 points, 23 rebounds, 4 steals, and 2 blocks.

Thats awesome!

The free throw...the most under-rated way to score a point in spoorts!....cause missed free throws usually win or loose a game decided by 15 points or less.

Sad tho it took almost 50 YEARS!!
    Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Hack a Howard. 21/39 - more than 50%. I'm guessing the Magic would prefer it to be around 65%, but they got the victory!
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

and missing 18 LOL... Hack a Shaq will be initiated even more if he is in the playoffs

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
          and missing 18 LOL... Hack a Shaq will be initiated even more if he is in the playoffs
          The sad thing is that if Shaq would have made at least 60% he could have the scoring record or at least 2nd.
          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Howard woulda scored 60 if he wasn't a terrible FT shooter. 21/39? I could shoot better than that.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Shoot.. I'd make at least 90% FT for the $$ these cats are makin!

Although, its always easier said from my side of the TV.
              Currently looking for:
              Football: The Gronk!
              Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
              Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
              + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
              Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
              http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Weird record, since his percentage is so terrible. Nice to see he made enough to help the Magic win, though.
                Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
                X