6th Anniversary of Kobe's Historic 81 Point Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th Anniversary of Kobe's Historic 81 Point Game

Hard to believe it's been six years already. Every Laker fan remembers Kobe historic 81 point game against the Toronto Raptors.

The Lakers were just an average team that year. Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, and Lamar Odom were all on the team. No wonder Kobe averaged 35.4 points a game that season.

Lakers.com has a nice photo gallery of the 81 point game. Click here to view it.

Or you can re-watch all 81 points in three minutes:

Photo credit: Lakers

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Wow I cant believe its been that long since it happened. That team that year made me cringe. With players like Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Devean George, and Chris Mihm playing regularly. Thank goodness all of them are gone (sans Walton). LOL!

Comment

Almost won a playoff series with those guys too haha

Comment

Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

That was a few years back also by Wilt "The Stilt"
          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Did they even play defense back then? 169–147

Comment

They played much better basketball then than now, and had better players - Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Julius Erving, Rick Barry, Wes Unseld, Walt Frazier, Earl "The Pearl" Monroe,Willis Reed, etc just to mention a few. Also, no one has ever come close to Wilt "The Stilt's" 100 points in an NBA game. 81 by Kobe is very very good, but no where near Wilt's 100.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
              Baseball HOFers Autos I need
              Orioles Autos I need
              Baseball HOFers GU I need
              Orioles GU I need
              Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
              However other offers will be considered

Comment

Outside of Bryant, that Lakers team wasn't very good, but Bryant was a different player then. He had no interest in passing. Part of that was the lack of faith in his teammates, but he also wanted to score. He is a more well-rounded player at this point, although some of his game is slipping a bit.
                Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
                  Did they even play defense back then? 169–147
                  No defense at all back then, plus Wilt was allowed to offensively goaltend back then, so I'm sure that helped his scoring a little.

Wow can't believe it's been six years already. I think that was the game that helped jump start the reversal of Kobe's damaged image.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
                  Click here for Bucket

Comment

meh, whats 10 more points

David Robinson Scores 71 points | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS

Comment

Originally posted by whalechaser View Post
                      No defense at all back then, plus Wilt was allowed to offensively goaltend back then, so I'm sure that helped his scoring a little.

Wow can't believe it's been six years already. I think that was the game that helped jump start the reversal of Kobe's damaged image.
                      Well that makes sense then, I'm sure no one on the other team was even close to as good as Wilt was when he scored 100 points.

Just like the Raptors had no one on their team close to the talent Kobe had.

Comment

Originally posted by Oilman View Post
                        LOL at Clippers. . .

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
                        Click here for Bucket

Comment

amen!.......I think Kobe was a bad influence on Roethlisberger but all 3 of these guys have a ton in common lol

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
                          X