Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slam Dunk Contestants Named - Worst Ever

New contestants, new format in Slam Dunk contest - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I honestly think this is going to be the worst Slam Dunk Contest ever. How does the defending Champion not defend his title? Can Chase Budinger do anything other than shoot 3 pointers. Can Ivan Shumpert even dunk? It will come down to Paul George and Derrick Williams. It all a popularity contest with the fans voting on this.

The NBA is leaving it up to the fans to determine the winner of the All-Star slam dunk contest.

Defending champion Blake Griffin passed on returning, leaving a lackluster field of New York’s Iman Shumpert, Paul George of Indiana, rookie Derrick Williams of Minnesota and Houston’s Chase Budinger.

The league announced Thursday that there no longer will be judges in the event, which also will be reduced to one round. Each contestant will execute three dunks. Fans will determine the champion by voting on NBA.com, Twitter or through text messaging.

The format in recent years was two rounds, with a panel of judges voting on the first round before fan voting in the second.

This is going to be awful....at least there is the 3 pt shootout...and I actually like the Skills challenge more than the dunk contest lately..

Comment

Its going to be a one heck of a cringe-contest!

What happend to the day of the biggest superstars competing for bragging rights...with all the league stars sitting sidelines, yuckin it up, havin a good ol time??

Unfortunately, most likely never again.......
      Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Remember a few years ago when Lebron said that he was gonna compete int he dunk contest and everyone loved him for it and was like YESSSSSSSSSSSSS ....?

wow that seems like 10 years ago now lol

of course he backed out and made the move to Miami and we all hate him now...

this stinks.........

(but here I am predicting that SOMEONE is gonna do something worth while in the dunk contest and we will all be suprised)

Comment

Budinger will do the Jordan!
          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I don't think I would watch this if it was playing on the inside of my eyelids!
            Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
            Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
            Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Watching Derrick here at the U of A for a couple of years, he was a BEAST!...but not ready for the NBA, IMO.

He might surprise us, I dont see Chase as a dunker, and I have no clue about the other two cats!

It shall be intersting!
              Currently looking for:
              Football: The Gronk!
              Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
              Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
              + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
              Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
              http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Video: Please enjoy Jeremy Evans, dunk contestant | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

Dunk contest just got worse. LOL!

Shumpert is now out with left patella tendonitis, and so the NBA had to choose a replacement.They picked Jeremy Evans of the Utah Jazz.

Comment

For the most part, the Dunk Contest has sucked since the 80's. Ridiculous players doing that stupid laugh where they fall into the guy next to him whenever a dunk is made, holding up an extra "0", so the the 10 looks like a 100, crappy players and worse dunks. They should just have Skip 2 My Lou, Spyda and Sik Wit it participate. Even on the "Jordan" dunk, Dominique Wilkins should have won. I don't get it. It's rare that we see something interesting anymore. And if I have to see ESPN talk about the wardrobes of Lebron James or Dwayne Wade during the show again, I'll really be upset for wasting my time.
                  Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

it should be mandatory for the high flying stars to participate! they are getting all that money to entertain us the fans and nobody wants to see 3rd tier players in a dunk contest...
                    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

and some of these guys should be in the d-league!
                      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Hard to watch
                        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
                        X