Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Allen & Paul Pierce Almost Traded To Grizzles & Nets At Deadline

Celtics' Big Three nearly split at trade deadline - Yahoo! Sports

You got to love how all these stories come out a month after the deadline. This must have been leaked by a Miami journalist who wants to cause a rift in Boston so the Heat have a better chance. LOL!

As the NBA trade deadline lurched into its final hour a month ago, league sources say the call Ray Allen long feared had come: Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers was on the line, telling him he had been traded. Allen had been sent to the Memphis Grizzlies for a package including O.J. Mayo and a draft pick, and the Celtics' Big Three had come to a most brusque ending.

For 20 minutes or so, Allen had to process the information. They traded me to Memphis? And yet, as the disappointment dissolved to anger, Rivers returned with a messenger’s nightmare: Never mind. The deal fell apart. Take a deep breath and let’s go back to work again.

Ray Allen was nearly traded to the Grizzlies for O.J. Mayo. Before the Big Three could make it past the trade deadline, Allen-to-the-Grizzlies had to fall apart and discussions on a deal that would have sent Paul Pierce to the New Jersey Nets for an expiring Mehmet Okur contract and a lottery pick never reached completion, league sources said. Celtics general manager Danny Ainge loves the talent in the 2012 NBA draft, but he still gets one more run, one more chance with this group in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

I can't stand any of the "Big 3"! I wish they had traded them to the Raptors, Kings and Jazz, then I wouldn't have to see their cocky mugs all over NBA TV, ESPN or TNT!

Prior to becoming teammates,I actually liked them individually, but after they developed this attitude that they were God's gift to the NBA.

Comment

I have collected KG cards forever and I think the Big 3 are all but done after this year. KG has changed since he got to Boston and it is hard to root for the Celtics anymore. I loved the good olde days of the Celtics, Hondo, Russell, the Jones's etc.
      I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
      X