Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyrie Irving Wins Rookie Of The Year Award

AP Source: Irving to be named NBA's top rookie - Yahoo! Sports

No shock at this one. This one was basically automatic as soon as Cleveland drafted him last summer.

Kyrie Irving began his first pro season as the top pick and ended it as the top rookie.

Cleveland's smooth, playmaking point guard has been chosen as the NBA''s Rookie of the Year, a person familiar with the voting told the Associated Press on Sunday.

Irving's selection is hardly a surprise since the 20-year-old led all first-year players in scoring - 18.5 points per game - and renewed hope for Cleveland's franchise. He'll receive the award on Tuesday, said the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the league has not yet announced the winner.

Results of the voting won't be available until Tuesday, but it's safe to assume Irving's victory will be lopsided. After Minnesota guard Ricky Rubio suffered a season-ending knee injury, Irving was far and away the best all-around player in the rookie class.

Well deserved! No Lebron but semi-filled the void left by the choke artist..
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Well said, guys.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

duh was there any doubt on this award!
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

I like how the article mentions how Rubio had a chance until he got hurt. NEGATIVE

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            I like how the article mentions how Rubio had a chance until he got hurt. NEGATIVE
            They're suppose to be objective....

Comment

Rubio wasn't on Kyrie's level even when he was healthy...all I'm saying.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Well deserved. How long before he "lebrons" his way out of Cleveland?

Comment

Working...
                X