Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Stern Wants To Stop Flopping

David Stern says he wants to stop flopping | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

Does he not know that will affect Lebron James and the Heat. LOL!

Flopping has been a hot topic of conversation during the NBA playoffs, in large part because of growing annoyance over the Los Angeles Clippers' tactics and Frank Vogel's fine-worthy comments on the Miami Heat. Although this sort of outcry happens often, it's loud enough at the moment to inspire several discussions of what the NBA can do to fix the problem.

However, before any meaningful change can happen, the commissioner must voice some concern. That's exactly what David Stern did during an interview with ESPN's Lisa Salters at Sunday's Heat/Pacers game. From ESPN.com:

"[Pacers coach Frank Vogel] didn't have a beef; he was just manipulating the refereeing or trying to," Stern said. "I would have fined him much more than our office did."

While Stern chastised Vogel for on Thursday calling the Heat "the biggest flopping team in the NBA," he did intimate that he sees merit in the sentiment.

"I think it's time to look at (flopping) in a more serious way," Stern said, "because it's only designed to fool the referee. It's not a legitimate play in my judgment. I recognize if there's contact (you) move a little bit, but some of this is acting. We should give out Oscars rather than MVP trophies."

"Some years ago I told the competition committee that we were going to start fining people for flopping, and then suspending. And I think they almost threw me out of the room (saying), 'No, let it be.' "

Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

He's about 20 years late.

Comment

about time

Comment

I think Vladi Divac should come out of retirement next season and sign 10 day contracts with every team. Then, we all could witness the King of all floppers.

Comment

Working...
          X