Los Angeles Lakers Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Lakers Off Season Thread

I am posting this up for my favorite NBA team, I know Jesse and Ron will appreciate this thread. I will update this thread with all roster moves and rumors this off season. Every member is free to post their own thread for their own team. Gladdy I know you will post something for the Pistons right? LOL!

Biggest 2 rumors right now are Lakers bringing back Lamar Odom. But he cant sign with us until December 11th, so he would have to sit out for 1 month.

The other rumor is trading Pau Gasol to Houston for Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry among filler. It may involve other team also. Houston wanted to trade us Scola, Kevin Martin, Dragic, and a 1st Round Pick last December for Gasol. Since Lowry already said he cant and doesnt want to play for Kevin McHale, this trade seems ideal. Plus Ramon Sessions is going to test the free agent market. I would rather have Lowry than Sessions.

Lakers also need to get rid of Mike Brown and put in a coach who knows X's and O's

Comment

Comment

of course i'll like this thread.i heard the dwight howard rumors starting already too....

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot about the endless Dwight for Bynum rumors. I dont think that will ever happen.

Other small rumors I have read about as free agents are

Chauncey Billups
          Kevin Garnett
          Brandon Roy

Comment

Latest Lakers rumor which would be the most ironic thing. LOL!

Dallas wants to trade Lamar Odom instead of buying him out so the few million dollars they have to buy him out with does not affect their salary cap hit so they can sign Deron Williams. Odom goes to the Clippers, we get Mo Williams from the Clippers (from the trade exception we got from trading Odom to Dallas), and Dallas gets some second round draft picks.

Comment

i thought odom was coming back to the lakers?

Comment

Today's daily Lakers rumors. LOL! I would be ok with any of these moves. Lakers just need to do something and bad. I see the first trade working more than the second one. But then again Jordan would probably trade Tyrus Thomas and the #2 pick to get Gasol. LOL!

The Hawks are aggressively shopping Josh Smith to the Lakers for Pau Gasol, beginning their pursuit shortly after the Western Conference semifinals. Smith has been unhappy with Atlanta for more than a year. Smith has one season remaining on his contract for $13.2 million.
                The Lakers are interested in moving to the top of the draft by shopping Pau Gasol. The target for Los Angeles is Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Kidd-Gilchrist will almost certainly be a top-five selection.

Comment

Sources -- Los Angeles Lakers want established player, top-10 pick for Pau Gasol - ESPN Los Angeles

The Los Angeles Lakers have been checking around the league this week to gauge Pau Gasol's trade value, according to sources briefed on the discussions.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Lakers have been contacting teams in an effort to acquire a top-10 pick in Thursday's draft. The Lakers also are seeking an established player along with the pick if they're to part with Gasol.

A deal was not imminent as of Wednesday afternoon.

Earlier this month, Lakers president of basketball operations Jim Buss and general manager Mitch Kupchak both said that a major move is unlikely even after Los Angeles' disappointing five-game playoff exit to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Gasol has been a coveted asset the past few years but comes at a high price. Aside from wanting picks and players in return, sources say that the Lakers want teams to assume the final two years and $38 million of Gasol's contract.

The Lakers might have an even tougher sell with Metta World Peace, who also has been shopped in order to gauge his trade value.

While the Lakers would be looking for considerably less, such as a late first-round pick or perhaps some cap relief, World Peace's contract obligations (two years, $15 million remaining on his deal) -- combined with a 15 percent trade kicker -- might prove too much for another team to bear.

Comment

Gasol is a problem, as he was perfect for the triangle. Josh Smith or MKG will add nothing to the Lakers. They need a PG who can create for Kobe and Bynum. Nash?

Comment

Latest Laker rumors. Wolves really want Gasol. Im guessing it will be a sign and trade of Beasley, Derrick Williams, and possibly Barea + filler for Gasol & filler. Lakers really need to do that trade. They get younger, essentially 3 new starters, and all 3 make less money total than Gasol.

Comment

You would trade Gasol for Williams and Beasley? I think you could do better.

Comment

Knowing the Wolves, they will probably give us Barea and a future 1st Round Pick too in that deal. Considering the fact that I dont want to see the same crappy Lakers team next year, I honestly dont care who they trade on their team. Everyone not named Kobe can be traded. LOL!

Comment

I still don't think that really helps the Lakers. Twolves are going to start making the playoffs with Rubio and Love as their core guys. Add Gasol to that team and the pick you'd get wouldn't mean much. At the very least they'd have to also take Artest.

What do you think of Gasol and somebody like Goudelock now that DJO is on the team to TOR for Bargnani and Calderon. Two starters. Bargnani can shoot and Calderon is a pass first guy to replace Sessions.

Comment

the lakers to trade gasol for a good point guard and maybe one more player.someone young.they need a future

Comment

Working...
                              X