X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Garnett To Resign With Celtics

Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Celtics - Yahoo! Sports

Kevin Garnett isn't ready to retire.

Garnett has decided to return to the Boston Celtics and is expected to sign a three-year, $34 million contract, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The NBA's free-agent period begins at 12:01 a.m. ET Sunday and players can officially start signing contracts on July 11.

Garnett, 36, averaged 15.8 points and 8.2 rebounds for the Celtics last season. He was expected to draw interest from other teams, but his loyalty to coach Doc Rivers made him likely to return to Boston once he decided to keep playing. One NBA executive said Garnett would have only left the Celtics if they didn’t make him a solid contract offer.

The Celtics have several other free agents in Ray Allen, Brandon Bass, Marquis Daniels, Keyon Dooling, Jeff Green, Ryan Hollins, Sasha Pavlovic and Mickael Pietrus. Allen is expected to be courted by the Phoenix Suns.

The Boston Herald first reported Garnett's intention to re-sign with the Celtics.

A 36 year old can still get a $34M contract?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEE

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      A 36 year old can still get a $34M contract?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

I'm not surprised. He's the heart of the Celtics and he's still productive when healthy.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

When healthy can still play a good game. Ray Allen is probably gone and I see major changes for the Celtics!
          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
          X