Seattle Approves Arena Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Approves Arena Plan

Ok who is the next NBA team to relocate? LOL!

The Seattle City Council has approved a plan to build a new arena in the city's SODO district.

The vote was 6 to 2 in favor of the project led by Chris Hansen.

The plan calls for $200 million in public investment, but construction will not begin until it passes an environmental review and Hansen purchases an NBA team.

“Council staff, lawyers and councilmembers have worked hard to produce an agreement that protects the city, charts the right site review process and secures appropriate public benefits,” said Council President Sally J. Clark. “Today’s vote closes one phase of tasks and begins another, including work on how we plan for a bright future at Seattle Center.”

Lakers should relocate, there's too many teams in Cali anyway
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Kick out the Clippers. They dont deserve to be in the city yet alone Arena as the Lakers. LOL!

Comment

But they got this guy tho?

Comment

Lakers have Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Gasol, so whats your point? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
            Lakers have Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Gasol, so whats your point? LOL!
            Point? What's that?

Comment

Not to mention they have Artest and Jamison too. LOL!

Besides with the exception of Blake, CP3, and Chauncey, the rest of the Clippers team consists of ex-Lakers and an overpriced starting center. LOL!

Comment

If y'all think you have too many professional teams send one to Virginia. I'd rather see an MLB team, but for now NBA,NFL, or .......... would be okay. Until that happens I'll continue to pull for "BIRDS","NATS","'SKINS", & RAVENS (haven't pulled for any pro basketball team since the ABA & NBA merged, and the SQUIRES ceased to exist).

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                Orioles Autos I need
                Baseball HOFers GU I need
                Orioles GU I need
                Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                However other offers will be considered

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
                  If y'all think you have too many professional teams send one to Virginia. I'd rather see an MLB team, but for now NBA,NFL, or .......... would be okay. Until that happens I'll continue to pull for "BIRDS","NATS","'SKINS", & RAVENS (haven't pulled for any pro basketball team since the ABA & NBA merged, and the SQUIRES ceased to exist).
                  There was talk earlier in the summer of bringing the Sacramento Kings to Virginia Beach, unfortunately it never materialized. The way I understand it, Virginia has no professional sports teams representing it right now, but it is bordered by North Carolina, D.C., and Maryland, which in total is home to 3 NFL teams, 2 NBA teams, and 2 MLB teams. So although VA deserves a pro team, people will use the argument that VA is surrounded by states filled with professional sports, and should just make the commute.

It would still be nice to get a team though, the biggest team in the state before I moved over the summer was the Richmond Flying Squirrels minor league baseball team lol.

Comment

I wonder if this means the NBA will have some expansion teams in the future! I would love to see the Supersonics back in the league!
                    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

The NBA has 30 teams already, I think that is too many teams already. I wouldnt want 32. They need to contract some teams/move some teams. LOL!

Comment

yeah your probably right, but who do you think would be moved?
                        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Wait....what?

The vote was 6 to 2 in favor of the project led by Chris Hansen.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                          Johnson/Mears/
                          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                            The NBA has 30 teams already, I think that is too many teams already. I wouldnt want 32. They need to contract some teams/move some teams. LOL!
                            The Los Angeles Clipkers?

That would be unfair.

Comment

Expansion would be a terrible idea. The talent level of the league is so thin already, that creating new teams would make it even worse. Relocation should be the only option.
                              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
                              X