X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amare Stoudemire Out 6-8 Weeks

Knicks' Stoudemire out 2-3 weeks with knee injury - Yahoo! Sports

Argh another fantasy basketball hit.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire is expected to miss the start of the regular season because of a left knee injury.

The Knicks said Stoudemire returned to New York on Sunday to get his left knee re-evaluated and an MRI revealed a ruptured benign cyst. He is expected to miss two to three weeks.

Stoudemire had played in only one preseason game, sitting out the first two because of a bruised left knee. He scored 18 points Friday against Toronto in 27 minutes, then sat out again Saturday against Boston in Albany, N.Y. The Knicks practiced Sunday in Syracuse, where they play Philadelphia on Monday.

The Knicks open their regular season Nov. 1 against Brooklyn.

He's so injury prone now, I'm not sure I'd want him at all
    I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
    http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
    I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Amare Stoudemire will receive a second opinion on the severity of his left knee injury.

Stoudemire could miss the first month of the regular season.

Stoudemire is consulting with Phoenix Suns orthopedic surgeon Dr. Thomas Carter, according to a Suns source.

Carter performed Stoudemire's 2005 microfracture surgery.

Comment

Knicks' Stoudemire out 6-8 weeks - Yahoo! Sports

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) -- Amare Stoudemire could be sidelined for two months, the second straight season the New York Knicks forward will miss significant time because of injury.

The Knicks said Tuesday that Stoudemire would have left knee surgery and could be out six to eight weeks, more than twice as long as originally estimated when he was hurt during the preseason.

The team said he will have a debridement, a procedure to remove tissue.

Comment

Working...
        X