Lakers Fire Mike Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers Fire Mike Brown

Los Angeles Lakers have fired coach Mike Brown, source says - ESPN Los Angeles

Very shocking, I never saw this coming.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

My gosh, what will Kerwin do now?

Comment

Wow, thought they'd give him alittle more time.

Greg's Sports Cards

Looking to trade for/buy:

Patrick Ewing cards (950/1600+)

Always looking for Syracuse related cards as well

Comment

D'Antoini to the rescue? Seems like he'd fit well there.

Comment

Woo! about time he's gone
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Isn't Stan Van Gundy available? I'm sure Dwight would love to go round 2 with him....(insert sarcasm here)
            Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
            Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
            Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Sources say that Kobe's Death Stare was the final trigger in firing Mike Brown.

For added effects:

"The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Sloan to the rescue!
                U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

What is Kerwin going to complain about now??????????????????

Comment

kobe is going to be player/coach!
                    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by leiber88 View Post
                      D'Antoini to the rescue? Seems like he'd fit well there.
                      he still needs to recover from surgery,plus according to CBSSports.com,Phil might also come back into the picture,right now Bernie Bickerstaff is taking over on an interm basis until the Buss family can make up thier minds between D'Antoni,Sloan,and ex-Celtic and Heat guard Brian Shaw

Comment

I see Shaw eventually, but I don't know if now is the time.
                        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Originally posted by B.I.G.Poppa View Post
                          I did!! I was surprised he wasn't fired after last season. He sucks as a coach. It doesn't matter what talent he has to work with, he just can't win. He's a loser. Why lose the triangle offense? Because he doesn't understand it? That's what assistant coaches are for. Bring in the right staff. Why leave something that brought the franchise enormous success?

Comment

Best news I heard at work this morning. LOL! I think it will be Phil. D'Antoni doesnt play any defense and the Lakers are not young. Sloan is too old school. Shaw wont be allowed to leave Indiana. And Byron Scott is stuck in Cleveland. Van Gundy - either of them heck no. LOL!

Comment

Lakers Fire Mike Brown

It's about time the Lakers let go of Mike Brown. They should have never hired him in the first place. Just because he won coach of the year in Cleveland didn't mean anything. Lebron ran those teams while he was coaching there.

It's obvious that the players are lost this season. They don't know what they should be doing in this Princeton offense. There are rumors that the Lakers might try to get Mike D'Antoni but I'm rooting for a Phil Jackson comeback. (Highly unlikely)

From ESPNLA:
                              Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown has been fired after a 1-4 start to the season, a source tells ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.
                              It is not known yet who will take over for him, but a source indicated that one of assistant coaches Bernie Bickerstaff or Chuck Person will take over on an interim basis.
                              Earlier Friday, sources had told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the team was using its upcoming six-game homestand to evaluate Brown, but after numerous discussion over the past 48 hours, Lakers management came to a unanimous decision that the team wasn't heading in the right direction.
                              The Lakers have had a healthy Steve Nash in the lineup for only 1½ of their five games so far thanks to a leg injury, while fellow newcomer Dwight Howard has acknowledged that he's still recovering from the back surgery that brought a premature end to his 2011-12 campaign and knocked him out of the London Olympics. Kobe Bryant has also been playing through a foot ailment.
                              The Lakers are off to the worst start in the Western Conference despite carrying the league's largest payroll at just over $100 million, which would trigger an estimated luxury-tax bill at season's end of nearly $30 million.
                              The team has also been trying to institute a form of the Princeton offense, a system that relies on reads and ball sharing in order to take some offensive load off Bryant. The results have been mixed so far.

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
                              Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
                              Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                              Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                              Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                              Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                              X