Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolves Waive Josh Howard

Wolves, Josh Howard agree to 1-yr deal - Yahoo! Sports

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- With only nine healthy players on the roster and six of their top seven out because of injuries, the Minnesota Timberwolves were in search of any warm body to help lighten the load for the few players still able to hit the court.

They turned to a player many Wolves fans thought they should have drafted almost a decade ago.

The Wolves agreed to terms on a one-year deal with free agent forward Josh Howard on Thursday, pending a passed physical. Howard arrived in the Twin Cities on Thursday afternoon and the plan was for him to be in uniform against Golden State on Friday night.

''We need somebody at that spot,'' coach Rick Adelman said. ''We looked around and he seemed to be a good candidate.''

The 32-year-old Howard worked out for the Wolves on Monday in Dallas. Howard averaged 8.7 points and 3.7 rebounds in 43 games with Utah last season. He has also played for Washington and Dallas, which drafted him 29th overall in 2003. The Timberwolves passed on Howard, who was a star at Wake Forest, in favor of high schooler Ndudi Ebi, who was a bust.

Is that a black player??
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Comment

I had high hopes for Ebi when he was drafted over Howard..
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Great to see a team pick him up.

Comment

this could be really good for the wolves. gr8 talent he is probably motivated now to prove himself. then whoever signs him next year he will suck again.
            http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Comment

Timberwolves release injured Howard - Yahoo! Sports

Forward Josh Howard, who is facing major knee surgery, has been released by the Minnesota Timberwolves, the team announced Thursday.

Howard, 32,suffered the second knee ligament injury of this career on Dec. 14 when he tore an ACL against the New Orleans Hornets. Originally diagnosed as a hyperextended knee, further tests showed it to be more severe.

"I feel really bad for him," Wolves coach Rick Adelman said of Howard, who was signed on Nov. 16. "He had worked so hard to get himself back. He was shocked when he found out."

Howard has played nine NBA seasons for four teams. He has averaged 14.3 points and 5.7 rebounds.

This season, Howard has averaged 6.7 points and 3.3 rebounds in 18.8 minutes a game during 11 games.

Comment

That sucks for him. His knee is so faulty.
                  "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
                  X