A.C. Green = NBA's Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.C. Green = NBA's Iron Man

Fifteen years ago... I was a diehard Los Angeles Lakers fan, Upper Deck dominated the NBA trading card market, MJ was preparing to win his final NBA Title, and on November 18th, 1997A.C. Green tied Randy Smith'sNBArecord of playing in 906 consecutive games.

Talk about living in the past. These days... I don't watch basketball, Upper Deck doesn't have an NBA license, and MJ has been retired for a decade.

But Green still holds the NBA's Iron Man record. His streak ended at 1,192 games on April 18th, 2001 when he played the final regular season game of his career.

During his sixteen year NBA career, he played in an amazing 1,278 out of 1,281 games. Is that insane or what? Plus, it's been well documented that Green is one of the good guys. In 2011, he won the Bobby Jones Award for his character, leadership, and faith on the court, at home, and in the community.

They sure don't make them like they used to.

Congratulations Mr. Green. I may not support the current NBA regime, but I'll always be a fan of your game.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X