Reggie Evans First NBA Player Fined For Flopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Evans First NBA Player Fined For Flopping

Source: Nets' Reggie Evans first NBA player to be fined for flopping - Yahoo! Sports

In his 11-year journeyman career, Brooklyn Nets forward Reggie Evans has finally made history: He is the first NBA player to be fined for flopping.

Evans was fined $5,000 for his second flopping offense, a league source told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

Under the NBA's new policy, players get one warming for flopping before an escalation of fines for ensuing flops is instituted. The league office identified an instance of flopping on Evans in the Nets' loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night.

In the demonstration video shown to players in the preseason, Evans was what one league executive called, "the star."

A third violation of the flopping rule would cost Evans $10,000, a fourth $15,000 and a fifth $35,000. Beginning with a sixth violation, the NBA could suspend a player.

Do you know if there is a video of this? I like the rule. This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the NBA. If they can get rid of the "lower your shoulder into the guy when he jumps" that players like Kobe and other stars do, I might start watching again.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I found the video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2QxouABTC6o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Until stars get held to this, I call shenanigans on these flop sanctions.
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
          Do you know if there is a video of this? I like the rule. This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the NBA. If they can get rid of the "lower your shoulder into the guy when he jumps" that players like Kobe and other stars do, I might start watching again.
          Good point!
          Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

While the "flop" rule is needed, that, to me, is not a flop. It's obviously an over reaction to being bumped, but that's it. If the moron wants to over react and take himself out of play, hurting his team, then let his coach deal with it. If the NBA was serious about eliminating flopping, the fine would be more significant than a $5,000 fine to players that make millions. Referees should be more concerned with getting flagrant foul calls correct. Even with replay, these Einsteins are calling obvious flagrants, just simple fouls. Perhaps the NBA needs to have a psychiatrist on hand for each game. When an intentional, hard elbow is thrown into a guys chest, the ref blows his whistle, a couch is brought onto the court and the psychiatrist tries to get an understanding to what the player was thinking when he threw the elbow. Was it an accident? Was it intentional? Malicious? Mommy's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
              While the "flop" rule is needed, that, to me, is not a flop. It's obviously an over reaction to being bumped, but that's it. If the moron wants to over react and take himself out of play, hurting his team, then let his coach deal with it. If the NBA was serious about eliminating flopping, the fine would be more significant than a $5,000 fine to players that make millions. Referees should be more concerned with getting flagrant foul calls correct. Even with replay, these Einsteins are calling obvious flagrants, just simple fouls. Perhaps the NBA needs to have a psychiatrist on hand for each game. When an intentional, hard elbow is thrown into a guys chest, the ref blows his whistle, a couch is brought onto the court and the psychiatrist tries to get an understanding to what the player was thinking when he threw the elbow. Was it an accident? Was it intentional? Malicious? Mommy's fault?
              An overreaction = flop. lol

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                An overreaction = flop. lol
                I understand that but that is too broad of a term. Anyone that throws his hands in the air after a bad call should be guilty of flopping then. If butt doesn't make contact with the floor, let it slide. The NBA is like the federal government, over regulate the hell out of everything.

Comment

Working...
                X