Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavericks Waive Derek Fisher

Mavericks to sign veteran Derek Fisher - Yahoo! Sports

Fisher should retire and become an asst coach somewhere.

CHICAGO (AP) -- The short-handed Dallas Mavericks will sign 16-year veteran point guard Derek Fisher on Thursday, coach Rick Carlisle said after team's 101-78 loss to Chicago on Wednesday night.

The move is contingent on Fisher passing a physical.

Dallas played Wednesday without Darren Collison, who had started 14 of its first games at the point, because of a sprained right middle finger sustained Tuesday night in loss to Philadelphia.

''We need help at point guard,'' Carlisle said. ''I found out on the way over here that Collison would be out, and we were fortunate to get (Jared) Cunningham active.

''We feel (Fisher) can help us. It's not a cure-all to all of our team challenges, but his expertise and experience will help.''

I guess they didn't learn from Odumb
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Why do the Mavs need a 65 year old PG who can't guard anyone?

Comment

Also in the news, Dallas signs former Laker and equally old Devean George. What's with the Mavs and old guys? Taking cues from the Celts I see.

Mavs Sign Devean George | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE DALLAS MAVERICKS
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

You do know that was from 6 years ago right? LOL!

Comment

That didnt last long. How did he avg 8.6 ppg? LOL!

Derek Fisher has been released by the Mavericks, ESPN Dallas reports. Fisher has been dealing with a patellar tendon strain in his knee but the veteran point guard has been working with the team to secure his release.

Comment

He would probably make a good assistant.
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
              X