Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I will NEVER watch another NBA game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I will NEVER watch another NBA game!

My 10 year old son loves to play sports but just can't stand to watch them on television. So, when he came to me last night and asked if there was a game that we could watch, I was thrilled.

We settled in and watched one of my favorite teams, the Clippers take on Denver. It was a good game, I enjoyed the quality time, even though he fell asleep during halftime. Lol He awoke during the 4th quarter. With about 2 minutes left in the game, and the 14th consecutive win for the Clippers already decided, I lost respect for the game of basketball, athletes and ESPN. That's the moment Jordan Hamilton ran into the stands after a loose ball. A fan said something to him, which wasn't heard, and he responded with, "STFU YOU LOW CLASS NI**A". Of course my son asked why he said that? Why would he disrespect another person like that? Why would he do that on TV on Christmas Night? The only explanation I could give was that he was a sore loser and easily angered.We've been to "live" baseball games and have heard a lot of cursing, but never directed toward another person. Even on TV games, announcers will apologize if something slips and is heard on air. I can deal with that and handle my son's endless questions, but not the last thing he said before I tucked him into bed. He said, "If basketball players are big jerks and curse fans like that, then I dont want to watch another basketball game".

It was just a game, on the Holiest Day, but it was my last.
    Last edited by jwgreen68; 12-26-2012, 10:09 PM. Reason: corrected players name

I agree with you 100%, some of the "athlete's" have no respect at all for the fans who pay their wages/salaries.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I guess the NBA does listen to it's fans. I tweeted and emailed the NBA last night in reference to the above. I did misidentify the player, (it was Jordan Hamilton, not Anthony Randolph) but the NBA has fined Hamilton $25,000 for his filthy mouth.

Comment

Working...
      X